Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car is a 2008 Lancer with stock radio, picked up a N-01 MMCS from the same year car with the rockford Fosgate bezel. I've searched on forums and got different answers. Basically I want to know if the cables in the stock radio will fit to the MMCS for power and function minus GPS? read on some threads on here that There is a cable tucked above in every lancer that plugs into the MMCS even if it was equipped with it or not I don't know if BS or not, So if this isn't 100% plug and play and I need to buy a harness for a 2008 / N-01 first generation MMCS any where to find one? or if anyone is selling something I could use for install if needed that would be great.

Another question I had regarding speakers in the car, I have the stock speakers but also acquired the Rockford Fosgate Speakers for the four doors and the tweeters (no sub) Speakers should be plug and play to original wiring?

Thanks

·
Administrator
2021 MR Triton
703 Posts
It's been a while since I looked any of this up so I could be wrong, but I remember the Rockford Fosgate system having an external amplifier to run the speakers. Try finding some wiring diagrams first.
That is correct. The Rockford system has the amp under the passengers seat.

Speakers will be plug and play, as the connectors are the same

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is correct. The Rockford system has the amp under the passengers seat.

Speakers will be plug and play, as the connectors are the same

the amp isn't required though to power the mmcs correct? my car has been in shop for paint so I haven't had time to mess with it, the mmcs came from same year 2008 as my lancer, hoping its plug and play with connects I have with the stock radio already

1 - 7 of 7 Posts