Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Friends,
I had a couple of questions about the eclipse spyder? It undoubtedly is a very stylish looking car. I was wondering why the Mitsubishi brand didn't sell more in USA. Is it because it is unreliable? I am kind of surprised that I don't see a lot of eclipses on the road? In some other forums people told me that the eclipse is considered to be a very girly car. Is that the reason why it doesn't sell much?
I test drove the Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder today and I found the car to be excellent. The only problem I have is that the car with it's top up has a huge blindspot. I was wondering is there a way to reduce this blindspot with some special mirrors? Another question is about the color. I was thinking about the sunset pearlscent which is a bright orange metallic color? In you opinion is the color too gaudy/**** or girlish?

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
When I was living in NC (lived in the western part for 6 months) I think I saw 1 4g car other then my own. I think it has more to do with the area you are in because they are all over the place up here. I personally don't like that color myself but its up to you. There was a poll on here about the colors maybe you would want to read what people said in it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I believe that it has to do with a few things. First is a lot of people classify it as a "girly" car when it's stock. However, that's easy to fix with even the factory shark-nose kit for roughly $2300 (CDN), or some other aftermarket kit. The other is location, as I live in Winnipeg, Canada and it's not exactly a winter car. There's lots of older Spyder and non-Spyder Eclipses here that are tuned, but you only see them in the summer.

Having said that, I will be adding to that this summer with an 08 Spyder with the aero kit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have already bought a black mitsubishi eclipse spyder since the time I first posted this. I have noticed one problem though when I have the top up and the windows open. There is a flapping sound which is because of the top flaps a bit in the wind. Is this a common problem or something that I have to fix.

·
Registered
7 Posts
This is the first that I have heard of this problem. I would recommend having the dealership take a look at it, because it could be that something is loose and causing the noise. If you do see the dealer about it, please post the outcome.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts