Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2012 Galant 2.4 liter- the radiator/condenser coolant fans run constantly, will run down battery overnight. I have ruled out the coolant temp sensor and the fan relay. I believe the problem is the coolant fan control module, but I cannot find where is is mounted. Does anyone out there know the location of this module?.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Not having gotten a reply to my earlier post, I called my local Mitsubishi dealer. He tells me he cannot find a listing for a radiator fan control module for a 2012 Galant. Can anyone shed any light on this? I have checked the relay and temp sensor already- could the fan be controlled by only the ECM?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On some models that is the case. We dont have the galant in Australia, so cant be sure. Have you checked your fuses?
No, because they are definitely getting power- the problem is, they won't shut off and will run down the battery overnight, as they run even when the ignition switch is off.I have the
fan temporarily disconnected.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Then check your fuses. If power is not going to the ECM circuit for controlling the fans then the ECM goes in to safety mode which is to run fans. This is also the case if the Coolant sensor goes open circuit.

How have you tested coolant sensor? Are there any fault codes in the ECM?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts