Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my Stock Radio cuts in and out of stereo to mono then when im at a stop or as such.. it comes back to stereo..btu when im on the move again it fades to mono.. any ideas?

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
I could swear that I saw somethig like this mentioned somewhere on here before.

I thought it was this thread " Fm Radio Issues "

But there isn't much there at all. Your headunit may need some sort of an update or maybe a wire got pinched somewhere in the factory?
Is there any problems with your antenna?

Best thing is to take it to the dealership & have them take a go at it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Mine does this as well, it will be set on like 20 for the volume and then periodically it will sound like it was turned down to 10 or something.

I dont know if it is the headunit or the antenna getting interfered with anything or what.

·
Registered
147 Posts
For the first post,

That might be an Antenna issue. Knowing how waves work, the fact that you're constantly changing from Mono <=> Stereo through motion of your car means that antenna is broken, or something's wrong with the radio decoder. Though, other possibilities include that the reception strength on the Lancer is weak or you're not getting good reception at all.

Like 6'deep says, get the radio unit checked, meaning both the cpu for the radio and antenna.

---
lancerpower4b11

Yeah that is a natural occurrence. I have a few stations that do that apparently and they all are close to the frequencies that FM transmitters operate at. So basically it is radio interference in your case whether by other FM Transmitters or by other radio generating apparatuses...
bleh :grin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same thing on my Lancer. Took it in 2 times. 1st time they changed my
unit. same thing. snd time they had the head honcho from Mitsubishi come out here in Los Angeles and taste drive it. said it is normal. looked at the antenna and wiring. It is normal they say. Well next up for me is file a complaint and go to arbitration. Have to keep fighting.

·
Registered
130 Posts
i spoke with an audio friend who has been doing radio equipment for 15years and he thinks iits the amp. not that its bad, but may be a little weak and have a protection mode on it. im gonna snag an amp and see if it helps.

·
Registered
420 Posts
It might be, I have a new amp in my car and only listened to my ipod and then i had to take it out because of it going into the shop to get fixed and been listening to radio without amp and its been going in and out as well. IDK how i am running the speakers and everything without one but ill have to test it out when i get my car back and listne to the radio.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Has anyone tried turning off their speed-sensitive volume? Mine used to do that, and i turned off the speed-sensitive volume, and it stopped.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Mine has been off... thats why I have had someone else look at my audio system. On the other forum that was discussing this, most people already tried it.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Where is this speed-sensitive button located at. I have the RF headunit and not the Nav.

Is the button only on Nav.?

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey man!

the button you are looking for is the channel button if you hit it fast you go to sound options, if you hold it down then you will be able to select on or off by turning right or left (the same knob)

its written in your owners manual!
have a good one!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hello,
Any news on this topic? My Lancer ES (Invite in Romania) does the same thing... The ST is blinking on my radio display and the signla is very bad...
No one solved it?
Also, when I switch between radio preset nr. 1 to another one (nr. 3), very often the radio displays "WAIT" untill I press the preset button again. Annoying...
So, any suggestions?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts