Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had my glove box disassembled on my 2006 Endeavor trying to remove a penny from the passenger side vent and in the process, the center console cover pulled out a bit. I got the penny out and reassemble everything to what I thought was complete, but now the radio is on, but none of the buttons or volume/tuning controls work.

Did I loosen a connection somehow? Any idea how to get things working agian or what to look for w/o taking it in to the dealer?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The entire front bezel with all the radio controls and heater knobs is one unit with a big white connector behind it in the middle. If it is unplugged you can't work any of the controls, but the radio still gets power. Push firmly right in the middle of the console, maybe a little below the CD player. It should push in.
The clips that sort of hold the bezel on are down low on each side. Push those spots in, they should click slighty.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the help! I gave it a good push right in the middle of the panel and it finally snapped back in completely! It just needed a little more effort than I thought was needed! The radio works perfectly now!!

Thanks so much TLindh373! :grin:

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey im new to the forum and the endeavor. I just purchased a 2004 ls awd a few days ago. The previous owner has put in an aftermarket cd player (alpine) and im having a very similar problem. The unit will light up and buttons will function properly but no sound. Its like it has a mind of it own, it will play sound sometimes and sometimes it wont....any ideas?

·
Registered
39 Posts
if its intermittent its gotta be a loose connection. Could be a connector or a wire. Since its an aftermarket system that someone else put in, good luck finding it.

·
Registered
95 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (TLindh373 @ Mar 13 2008, 09:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
The entire front bezel with all the radio controls and heater knobs is one unit with a big white connector behind it in the middle. If it is unplugged you can't work any of the controls, but the radio still gets power. Push firmly right in the middle of the console, maybe a little below the CD player. It should push in.
The clips that sort of hold the bezel on are down low on each side. Push those spots in, they should click slighty.[/b]

Is there a way to pull the connector for the radio side out and connect it to the button side before putting the panel back on? All the other connectors have longer wires but I cant get the radio side of the connector to pull out.

Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts