Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all...I have a 2004 LS Ende with 35000 miles on her. Lately when I depress the accellerator I can hear rattling noise coming from underneath the truck. The noise sounds similar to the sound that your brakes make when they rub against the rotors..or like metal dragging across the ground. I thought at first it might be a belt or a pully but it soounds like it is coming from underneath the truck behind the front tires. Does anyone have any ideas of what this might be. I am going to take her to the mechanic, but I would like to know a possible cause so the mechs don't get the best of me. Thanks to all in advance.

-Az

·
Registered
16 Posts
Is the noise kind of like light-weight metal sort of rasping against something? I think it's the same noise that I hear when I depress the accl and am between 1500-1800rpm. Read the post about Drivetrain.

·
Registered
7 Posts
if i think u are talking about the same problem i had

when you are stop at a light and press the gas you here a RADDLE noize from the front of the car ? i had a auto guy look at my car and it was a HEAT SHIELD that was making the noize when i would start to go i guess wind would get under it and make it bang around making this bad raddle.

if thats the problem then go to the station and ask one of the techs to throw your car on a lift and go right under the engine and there is the exhast pipe leading out of it right there is a HEAT SHEILD that was making the problem for me might be yours

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the advice...Galant, I went to the mechanic and they confirmed that it was the heat shield..cost me fifteen bucks to fix. Thanks again for the heads up! :liebe011:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey Azrael what exactly was done to the heat shield in order to quiet it down? I have the same problem and the rattling noise just keeps getting louder every day. I looked under the car and found a few heat shields around the pipe coming off the engine I couldn't isloate the exact one causing the rattle. Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts