Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The car can not be started and can not be tested by Autozone. Does anybody know how to read onboard diagnosis code by reading some the blink of some indicator(s)?

·
Registered
135 Posts
“Real” Chrysler vehicle (which have ChryCo ECUs) had a method by which you retrieve your codes by turning your key in a certain position and look at the CE light. But Mitsu ECUs do not do that (Unless they are hacked, like TMO, but that isn’t available for non-turbo cars).

OBD is great to show you what sensor problem you might have in a running car. But it isn’t likely to show you why the car is not starting…

I would start with the basics:

- Spark test
- Compression test
- Check for fuel in the cylinders (while cranking for compression).
- Check for pressure (if there is no fuel in the cylinders while cranking with spark plugs out).

Things that can be wrong:

- Jumped timing belt (this will show up in the compression test).
- Bad distributor (will show up in the spark test).
- Bad ECU/Fuel system

If you do not have a compression tester, you can pick one up at Sears for around $25. Or AutoZone might have it for “rent”. Also, see if AutoZone would “rent” you out a code reader. But like I said before, it isn’t likely to show you the problem.

Lastly, I just parted out perfectly running ’95 Summit 2.4, so I have a lot of part which could help you (ECU, distributor or even the head).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Originally posted by yiubun@May 14 2008, 08:54 AM
I had the same problem.
Still not fixed. Repair shop has had my car for 4 months now
[snapback]164189[/snapback]​
I would get another repair shop... These cars are NOT this complicated!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Originally posted by marcpuss@Aug 13 2008, 07:04 AM
Hi

Just found this when looking around on the net hope it helps

regards

marc

[email protected]

RVR 96 Diesel 4d68t Brisbane
[snapback]193380[/snapback]​
Marc,

That only works on pre-OBD2 cars :( . Eventhough, OBD2 was not required until '96. US spec LRVs/Summit got OBD2 in '95.

Edit: Doh, I didn't read long enough :blush-anim-cl: I guess that there is a way to read Mitsu OBD2 codes without a reader. I just always had the reader, so I never bothred to learn if there was a way do it without...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts