Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to help out a friend who knows nothing about cars. They weren't able to describe the ignition system very well, so I'll go ahead and ask here...

Does the ignition on the 4G69 engine (it's a 2004 Lancer) feature an ignition coil for each cylinder?

Thanks!
R

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
So it's the Lancer Ralliart?

Well, i'm not sure about the Ralliart, but the regular Lancer (4G94 engine) has two ignition coils: one for cylinders 1 and 3, and another for cylinder 2 and 4.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It's a Sportback...I see conflicting info on what engine it has in there. Maybe i can get them to take a couple of pictures and I'll be able to tell from that.....

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can someone confirm that a 2004 Lancer Sportback would actually have the 4G94 engine?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Originally posted by bobiv@Apr 9 2008, 04:36 PM
Can someone confirm that a 2004 Lancer Sportback would actually have the 4G94 engine?

Thanks!
[snapback]155495[/snapback]​
The Sportback came with the 2.4L 4G69 engine. It also has two ignition coils.

Check out the Service Manual Pinned in the 3G Eclipse section. Look at the service manual for "Engine Electrical".

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies. A local mechanic quoted $700 to replace "all four coils"...which would maybe be in the ballpark if 1) all 4 coils were bad, and 2) there were actually 4 coils...If there are indeed only 2, then they're making a killing on labor for what is basically a plug-in part (no pun intended).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts