Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does your rear hatch raise all the way up by itself or do you have to help it to reach maximum height? Mine isn't going all the way up by itself and I've hit my head a couple of times already.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The car has 8,000 miles on it. I don't think anything is weakening. Either an issue from the factory or that's the way they work. I can push the hatch up all the way and it stays.

Does anyone's automatically go up ALL the way or do you have to putsh it to its maximum height manually?

Thanks.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I have had no problems with my hatch it always goes up all of the way! however just like every Suv/Van that I have owned or had experience with cold can cause the gas struts not to raise it all the way.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmmm..... I didn't think about the cold. I'm in Columbus, Ohio and it's generally been under 50 degrees the last few days.

I'll keep an eye on it and check with the dealer about adjustments if necessary.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have a 05 xls, with 20000k on it, and the hatch has never opened by its self, but it will stay were i leave it, like if i only open it half way, then it will stay there untill i either close it or open it the rest of the way...im pretty sure its supposed to be that way

·
Registered
13 Posts
Originally posted by DavidE@Oct 27 2006, 05:37 PM
The car has 8,000 miles on it.  I don't think anything is weakening.  Either an issue from the factory or that's the way they work.  I can push the hatch up all the way and it stays.

Does anyone's  automatically go up ALL the way or do you have to putsh it to its maximum height manually?

Thanks.
[snapback]73920[/snapback]​
I also have a 2006 and mine does the same thing you are saying. I was waiting for warmer weather to make a decision on what to do.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hello,

I'm new to this forum. I recently traded my 2005 Lancer RA for a 2006 Endeavor LS. I was just checkin' out some of the threads on here & came across this. A week after I took home my Endeavor, I noticed that the lift does not go all the way up. I waited another week to see if the cooler weather was affecting it. the lift would need a bit of help to go all the way up, however, it seems to hold it's weight.
I eventually took the Endeavor back to Mitsu & had them look @ it. They said that the gas strut needed replacing. It was under the warranty so, I had them replace it right away. However, the new ones doesn't seem to be any different. To the most part, the gate goes up on it's own. But I still need to give it a little push in order for it to crawl up. I'll wait until spring or summer to see if the hotter weather will make much diff.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts