Mitsubishi Forums banner

Rear Seats

9K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  goatboy 
#1 ·
Hi
Help wanted. I live in Turkey and drive a Colt 1.3 2005 model. My problem is this. I can move the rear seats fully forward and and fold the back rests down but I can't roll the seat forward. I gave tried the lever at the back of the seat but no joy.
My Turkish is hopeless and the dealer is 3 hours away. I really need to lift these seats so I can remove the carpet at the back to clean off an olive oil spillage.Any help will be most appreciated.

#4 ·
Hi

Just went out and tried it - my initial reply said have the seats pushed back.

You are doing it correct - the back seats need to be pushed forwards - as far forwards as they will go (not back as in my first reply). Also move the headrests down to their lowest setting, then lower the seats so they are flat. You then pull in an upwards direction on the metal lever bar at the back of the seats - this should lift the rear seats up.

It's just a pull up on the lever - I'm not having to tug upwards with any extreme force. Once the seats lift up you can see the 2 holes in the floor where the metal locking pins go.

FM

#5 ·
I've had this before!!!
Slide the seat all the way forward.
Fold the seats flat.
Go back in the car and try to slide the seats forward again, it will probably move another inch. Then back to the boot and pull the handle!

It confused the hell out of me when this happened to me...

#6 ·
Hi Goatboy

Gotta 3-door 2006 1.3 Invite cz here in Switzerland and I have the rear seat problem.

My problem is bigger tho' - I don't have a metal lever bar at the back of the seat. It's all smooth seat back as it goes round and under the seat. Is it possible that seats tip on some models and others don't? My manual shows it on page 2-15, but all I see is the ends of the slides.

I can push the seat backs down flat, shove the lot forward till it hits the front stops and that's it. It looks like I have a pair of beefy seat slides bolted to the floor - but there's no lever at the back, only the bent rod at the front.

Any ideas?

Martin Sl.

#7 ·
Hmmm no idea I'm afraid.
I don't know if they all have it. i thought they would but maybe not....
On mine the sliders are not bolted to the floor but pivot at the front so the whole mechanism comes up and leave you with a nice flat boot space.

The handle on the back of the seats is pretty obvious, big metal loop...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.