Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to improve the sound from the rear door speakers. They should be standard 6.5" speakers. Any tips on door panel removal or wiring hints? Thanks.
Joe

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
wiring is simple. pull the old one out, its 2 wires and you good to go. if you want better quality just go with a better speaker. (infinity/alpine) sound great on the inside. a kenwood deck will make them sound better as well.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Originally posted by JoeKustra@Feb 3 2008, 08:04 AM
Any tips on door panel removal [...]
[snapback]139605[/snapback]​
I'm still waiting on my Service Manual CD, hopefully it will have diagrams on that stuff. I'll let you know as soon as I get it.
I'm planning to wire some other stuff up too so I'll me messing around with taking things apart.

·
Registered
969 Posts
Originally posted by rox@Feb 5 2008, 09:31 AM
I'm still waiting on my Service Manual CD, hopefully it will have diagrams on that stuff. I'll let you know as soon as I get it.
I'm planning to wire some other stuff up too so I'll me messing around with taking things apart.
[snapback]140368[/snapback]​
where did u order the service manual cd from? id love to have one

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a CD service manual that I bought on eBay. So far I haven't found any mention of ANY radio except for fuses and pictures of the doors that don't even show the speakers. I was hoping to find out if the speaker can be accessed by removing the grill or do I need to remove the door panel. I'm still looking. The grill seems part of the door, but the door panels seems to be in two pieces, so I hope I won't have to worry about the switches for the window and door lock. My bottom line is that I want better high frequency output and these OEM speakers are too mushy for me. Comes with age I guess.
Joe

CD seller was: traitor_jacknife ([email protected])

·
Registered
969 Posts
Originally posted by JoeKustra@Feb 5 2008, 10:39 AM
I have a CD service manual that I bought on eBay.  So far I haven't found any mention of ANY radio except for fuses and pictures of the doors that don't even show the speakers.  I was hoping to find out if the speaker can be accessed by removing the grill or do I need to remove the door panel.  I'm still looking.  The grill seems part of the door, but the door panels seems to be in two pieces, so I hope I won't have to worry about the switches for the window and door lock.  My bottom line is that I want better high frequency output and these OEM speakers are too mushy for me.  Comes with age I guess.
Joe

CD seller was: traitor_jacknife ([email protected])
[snapback]140383[/snapback]​
the door panel definitely needs to be removed. It should work the same as front ones. There are couple of screws (1 through the door handle) the other where the door latch is. Everything else is pretty much clips and just need to be yanked out. good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts