1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Raider LS 3.7L 6 cylinder with 223,456 miles
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ,
I have a 2007 Raider 3.7L
I just replaced the fuel injectors but am unsure about recoding them to the ECU. Is this required? I was going to purchase an ODB-2 tool to accomplish the injector coding but am wondering if there's a cheaper way to do it than purchasing a 350.00 tool. If not can someone suggest a tool as there are so many and oddly some of them have the Raider under Chrysler. At a standstill.
Thanks for any help in the matter.
Del Wilkins

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Raider LS 3.7L 6 cylinder with 223,456 miles
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello ,
I have a 2007 Raider 3.7L
I just replaced the fuel injectors but am unsure about recoding them to the ECU. Is this required? I was going to purchase an ODB-2 tool to accomplish the injector coding but am wondering if there's a cheaper way to do it than purchasing a 350.00 tool. If not can someone suggest a tool as there are so many and oddly some of them have the Raider under Chrysler. At a standstill.
Thanks for any help in the matter.
Del Wilkins
Well I solved that. Resetting the ECU took care of everything. Amazing what a computer holds. I disconnected the battery then used a test light to connect the positive to the negative while covering the battery. Waited 15 minutes, reconnected battery and went through a key switch on and off then cycled through the gears the off I went, took it easy for the first 5 miles then took out on the highway and it is running smooth as butter. Oh I did replace coil packs, spark plugs and fuel injectors. All good 👍

1 - 2 of 2 Posts