Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Outies

Apart from a few minor niggles I'm very happy with my 03 Outlander. Coming up to 130,000 kms since May-03 & no problems whatsoever!

I would like to reduce my wkly fuel bill by adding the option of LPG. Mitsubishi Aust ( local dealer) tell me that my Outlander cannot be converted (not recommended) to run on LPG.

My ideal would be to be able to run on either petrol or LPG thereby reducing running costs (after allowing the conversion costs) & extending the range, which at ~ 480 / tank is rather limiting when I do almost twice that a wk.

I know that the same model Outlander was available with a dual fuel option in the UK. The spare was removed and doughnut shaped LPG tank fitted.

Any comments & advise very welcome.

Cheers from Melb Aust

Albert

·
Registered
19 Posts
I drive an 04 Outy with 110K kms on the clock, at least 100K's worth on LPG. I got the factory-fit Pharos version (warranty for 3 years or 60,000 miles, which has just passed for me), and apart from some tinkering with the valve seats for the first couple of months to get the optimum settings, it's been (touch wood) trouble-free. Consumption/performance identical to petrol, price at the moment less than half. The tank's 66 litre nominal capacity, but the most I've ever got in is around 60 litres - generally 50-55, as you can only expect about 80% capacity with LPG under pressure. Haven't missed the spare (yet!). The only slight niggle is that there are only 1500 LPG stations over here, and whereas they would never dream of running out of petrol, they tend to re-stock with LPG only when they've run out, but that may just be a local thing. In any case, there's always the petrol tank to fall back on.

I'm not a techie myself, but I assume there must be pleanty of web sites in Australia that could help.

Good luck,

chuk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi - many thanks for your reply. I'm currently awaiting on Mits Au to reply to an email asking for a definitive statement on lpg and my particular edition of the Outlander. Will post how I get on. Cheers & haveagoodweekend Albert

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, did you ever get a reply from Mitsubishi adout auto gas for the Outlander. I have a 07 Outlander and have been waiting 3 months for a reply from mitsi on the same question.............Alf ...from Perth..

·
Registered
88 Posts
I have a 54 plate Outie 4g69 engine which has been running a BRC kit for 2 years now no problems. Do it, manufactors always um and r regards LPG.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts