Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my remote fob keys don't unlock/lock the doors with the buttons. Physical key no problem with central locking. The mystery here is that sometimes the remote might work, mostly not. If I get really close to the driver side, higher chance of working. And it feels like sometimes when I've driven the car a bit longer the remote might work a bit better a couple of times. Now, all batteries changed, both keys. Cars battery and alternator checked. Everything else is working normally. Problem started pretty suddenly. Nothing points to programming being lost either. Just bad reception or something.

Where the hell is the antenna/reciever on this car, I can't find anything to help me start tracking down the issue. All inside the etacs? Issues would point to a bad connection/signal somehow, right?

I hope someone can help me.

Lancer 2005 STW CS3W 4G18 Engine

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
560 Posts
check your interior lights are working ok, and also the pinswitches on the doors. Check the screws are tight

·
Registered
14 Posts
Have you checked the batterie(s) in the remote and/or cleaned up the battery contacts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Have you checked the batterie(s) in the remote and/or cleaned up the battery contacts?
The remotes are good, new batteries. I have no idea what happened, must have been a loose connection in the car or something, everything works normally again, all I did was through all fuses, connection, nothing seemed wrong, suddenly it works

1 - 6 of 6 Posts