Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My 2004 AWD Endeavor has 70K miles on it. I just had timing belt and water pump replaced as preventative. The mechanic suggested that I change the oxygen sensors. He told me he would do them all for one hour labor.

A few questions:

1. How many are there? 2 or 4
2. Is it easy enough to replace them myself (and if so how) or for 1 hour labor ($75) just let him do it?
3. Should I replace them all or wait until the onboard computer tells me to replace?
4. Should I go OEM or is after market fine on these parts (any suggestions?)?

Please advise.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
changing oxygen sensors for no reason is a rediculous waste of money. Chances are good they will easily last the life of the car, and if they dont you WILL get a "check engine" light with a code for one if it fails.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello there,
so i just got code p0141 : the heater circuit on the oxygen sensor on bank 1 sensor 2 is busted. that is the sensor AFTER the CAT (or so i read).
i always go to the dealer to do everything and this time they told me by phone that i would cost me $365 plus tax to change it. Now the car runs fine, like nothing is wrong.
So my question is, should i wait for a few months until the oil change and do it then, or should i change the sensor myself(I am quite handy). they want $215 plus tax for the sensor. I do want an oem sensor, is that price fair? could i get it online for less?
Thanks anyone out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (gastonbuffet @ Apr 5 2010, 10:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
Hello there,
so i just got code p0141 : the heater circuit on the oxygen sensor on bank 1 sensor 2 is busted. that is the sensor AFTER the CAT (or so i read).
i always go to the dealer to do everything and this time they told me by phone that i would cost me $365 plus tax to change it. Now the car runs fine, like nothing is wrong.
So my question is, should i wait for a few months until the oil change and do it then, or should i change the sensor myself(I am quite handy). they want $215 plus tax for the sensor. I do want an oem sensor, is that price fair? could i get it online for less?
Thanks anyone out there!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]
definately take a glance online as i think you will feel more comfortable about the prices that i see

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ok, but that just opened pandora's box of worms!! :)
So i need a heated 4 wire after cat sensor, for the bank 1 sensor 2 code..........
when i go online i can deduct that bank 1, in the endevor, is the closest side to the firewall.
but when it is time to purchase, i have OPTIONS:
front or rear sensor
left or right
passenger side or driver side

Can someone help me understand the language please?
Also, what are the best brand for these sensors, or the maker of the Mitsu sensors? I want quality.
Thanks again

·
Registered
4,012 Posts
your best way would be mitsu oem
and there have been several mitsu parts websites mentioned on here if u search the forums and also google
mitsu oem parts

and sensor one is the sensor above the cat and sensor two is the one downstream
bank one is the facing the firewall and and bank 2 faces the radiator on the endeavor if i remember correctly

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ok same issue for me and we tested with scanner and it seemd that we concluded that bank 1 was next to the radiator. If that is incorrect I replaced the wrong one and maybe that is why the light is still on. If bank 1 is next to the firewall is sensor 2 the same for both banks. Can I just switch it as I am getting error still and can't smog it till its gone.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts