Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2016 Mitsubishi Outlander that has been pretty great. A couple of days ago, I noticed that my backup camera was not coming on when I went into reverse. Going into the settings, I saw that the camera worked. After a while I managed to figure out how to go into the service menu and looked at the "Vehicle Signal Check" menu. Basically the Link system does not receive any "Shift Position R" signal. The camera does indeed work as I can go into the calibration settings.

Is it due to signal from etacs is not activating head unit?
Is it due to a switching signal fault?

The reverse lights come on and obviously every other indicator seems to identify that the car is indeed in Reverse.
Please let me know and thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
321 Posts
well done for getting so far. It could be the head unit is not receiving the signal from the ETACS. On the service menu is there an option for checking vehicle signals? It might have reverse gear item?

i have seen a few of these head units go faulty also. I’m not sure what warranty you have?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now I am not under warranty. I am planning to go to a local car audio repair shop and I want to be sure that he understands the issue. To resolve the issue, he should repair the head unit or the ETACS?

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
321 Posts
It might be best to go to someone that has the wiring diagram. This would enable them to check whether it is the ETACS or the head unit. Your local car audio centre would be unlikely to have this info.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts