Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading topics on Endeavors...


Came hear to see if anyone had problems with noise from front suspension?
"Like rattling and bushing noise"

I'll give my review of this SUV after 4 years of driving...

-Had problem with a spur in a gear in the stearing column straight out of showroom. Took months to solve this problem as dealer had to call in a specialist from Mis... "Had banging noise and bumping in steering"

-Rattling noise from front suspension, dealer changed bushings around 20k but noise is always there "rattling and seams suspension is loose" dealer's cannot seam to get rid of this.


-Wind noise as others state here at high speeds.." I guess opening window is a solution :(


Overall approaching 50k the above problem are big to me and would not purchase another one !


Thanks if anyone else has problems with rattling noise from from end and suspension please post your ideas or problems....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
the endeavor is not only one of mitsus best built trucks, its also ranked well over most in the market in terms of reliability.
they are extraordinarily trouble free, and rarely suffer ANY type of rattle, squeak or wind noise.

somehow, I think you're being far too overly dramatic. cars are mechanical, and produce mechanical noises. Trucks naturally produce more.
the endeavor happens to be one of the quietest trucks of its size in its segment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you didn't read the above post !

Wanna come and see it for yourself...


All is true !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
34 Posts
I agree with volito. Mitsus are not well built. Toyota and Honda's are way better built and conceived in, out and mechanically. I can see & feel the difference. If you don't agree then you've most likely never owned a toyota or honda. I have.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
I find my 2004 XLS AWD to be one of the best vehicles I've ever owned and I have owned Fords,Audis,Porsches,Nissans,Toyotas,Mazdas,Suzukis,VDubs,Hondas.

After 4 yrs and 4 New England salty winters, my Mitsu looks and drives like it did the first day. It has been trouble free except for a driveshaft recall which was repaired free of charge inside of one hour while I waited. What more can I ask for.

Sure Toyota and Honda are as good as a Mitsu, but try and cut a deal on them....
I think the ride quality and handling far surpass the Pilot or Highlander (overpriced)
For the price I paid after rebates,deals my Mitsu cost me less than a stripped down Camry!

I'll be looking at the Mitsu Outlander next time....they did a great job this time around.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by nack75@Jan 28 2007, 01:36 PM
I agree with volito.Â* Mitsus are not well built.Â* Toyota and Honda's are way better built and conceived in, out and mechanically.Â* I can see & feel the difference.Â* If you don't agree then you've most likely never owned a toyota or honda.Â* I have.
[snapback]83717[/snapback]​
ive owned 39 cars/trucks. Many toyotas, hondas, mitsus, chevys, fords, fiats, etc.etc . and ive driven about 10 thousand. How many have you?

if you dont like mitsus, why did you buy one and why are you here?


ignoring that, you can easily find a thousand reliability reviews that easily place mitsu (and the endeavor particularly so) well in the top ten carmakers with overall reliability.
fact is, they've been ranked number 4 since 04 in overall reliability.

heres but a small example of the endeavor in particular.
http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/Reliabil...eavor&trimid=-1

then, of course, there's this (Im looking for the exact link, but for now you get the "cut-n-paste").


A recent study run by independent automotive warranty specialist, Warranty Direct, looked at more than 450,000 vehicles, across 33 manufacturers, from the UK and the USA for reported mechanical failures. It found Mazda to be the most reliable car brand with almost 92% of its cars aged between 3 and 9 years to have suffered no mechanical failures of any type. The Japanese carmaker achieved a failure rate of just 8.04% to come out on top of a field where only two non-Asian based manufacturers made it into the top ten.

Below is a list of the top ten companies that had the lowest number of mechanical failures reported by policy holders for every 100 vehicles aged between three and nine years old. Interestingly, Kia proved more reliable than all the German brands and even financially stricken Mitsubishi reached a very respectable fourth.

1. Mazda 8.04

2. Honda 8.90

3. Toyota 15.78

4. Mitsubishi 17.04

5. Kia 17.39

6. Subaru 18.46

7. Nissan 18.86

8. Lexus 20.05

9. Mini 21.90

10. Citroën 25.98

At the other end of the scale, SUV manufacturers Jeep and Range Rover came out on the bottom of the ‘World’ reliability study. Worst still, a whopping 46% of large American SUVs recorded at least one mechanical failure during a given twelve-month period.

Table to illustrate the reliability ratings of 450,000 vehicles by manufacturer:

Manufacturer / Incidence Rate %

1 Mazda 8.04%
2 Honda 8.90%
3 Toyota 15.78%
4 Mitsubishi 17.04%
5 Kia 17.39%
6 Subaru 18.46%
7 Nissan 18.86%
8 Lexus 20.05%
9 Mini 21.90%
10 Citroen 25.98%
11 Daewoo 26.30%
12 Hyundai 26.36%
13 Peugeot 26.59%
14 Ford 26.76%
15 Suzuki 27.20%
16 Porsche 27.48%
17 Fiat 28.49%
18 BMW 28.64%
19 Vauxhall 28.77%
20 Mercedes 29.90%
21 Rover 30.12%
22 Volvo 31.28%
23 Volkswagen 31.44%
24 Jaguar 32.05%
25 Skoda 32.12%
26 Chrysler 34.90%
27 Audi 36.74%
28 Seat 36.87%
29 Renault 36.87%
30 Alfa Romeo 39.13%
31 Saab 41.59%
32 Land Rover 44.21%
33 Jeep 46.36%
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
:) First I would like to say that all my cars have been Misubishis and never had any problems such as this one before. I have owned a 2005 Endeavor for two years now and I have been having the same problem for over a year. I hear a rattling/bushings noise when the road is not even. I have taken my Endeavor to at least five different Mitsubishi service centers. They have changed the bushings, the insulators, and I don´t know how many other things. But the noise is still there. It is very annoying and I am so desperate and that I´m even thinking of changing the vehicle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Greetings. I'm new to the forum and have an '04 XLS with about 36K miles. I'm torn with this vehicle. With only 9K miles, the transmission would make a whining noise and the gas peddle would sort of vibrate whenever I'd get into the 20-30 mph range. Had it to the dealership several times with no resolution. They finally had engineers from Mitsu Corporate looking at it for a full week. They ended up just putting in a whole new AWD transmission. I haven't had an issue with it since, and chalked it up as "one of those things". Just last week, I started hearing another whining noise that's pretty high pitched when I'd start going over 45-50 mph. It doesn't do it at all under normal city driving....just on the highway. It doesn't do it right away either, it takes some miles for it to start. They ordered a new drive shaft or something like that (I'm not very mechanical) and put it in today. I guess I'll see over the weekend, with a 100+ mile trip scheduled, if this fixed the issue.

The inconvience of it all is starting to wear on me. I shouldn't have this many issues with only 36K miles. The thing is, I absolutely love my Endeavor. It rides nice, is great looking and is awesome in the snow. This is the first Mitsu I've owned and am now wary of buying another. I'm going to be in the market for a new car in about a year and really like the new Outlander. Just hesitant after these issues.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by tobychu@Feb 23 2007, 11:16 AM
Greetings.  I'm new to the forum and have an '04 XLS with about 36K miles.  I'm torn with this vehicle.  With only 9K miles, the transmission would make a whining noise and the gas peddle would sort of vibrate whenever I'd get into the 20-30 mph range.  Had it to the dealership several times with no resolution.  They finally had engineers from Mitsu Corporate looking at it for a full week.  They ended up just putting in a whole new AWD transmission.  I haven't had an issue with it since, and chalked it up as "one of those things".  Just last week, I started hearing another whining noise that's pretty high pitched when I'd start going over 45-50 mph.  It doesn't do it at all under normal city driving....just on the highway.  It doesn't do it right away either, it takes some miles for it to start.  They ordered a new drive shaft or something like that (I'm not very mechanical) and put it in today.  I guess I'll see over the weekend, with a 100+ mile trip scheduled, if this fixed the issue.

The inconvience of it all is starting to wear on me.  I shouldn't have this many issues with only 36K miles.  The thing is, I absolutely love my Endeavor.  It rides nice, is great looking and is awesome in the snow.  This is the first Mitsu I've owned and am now wary of buying another.  I'm going to be in the market for a new car in about a year and really like the new Outlander.  Just hesitant after these issues.
[snapback]86644[/snapback]​
if you searched, you would find that the 04s suffered from noisey propshafts, similar to what you're describing and similar to what you're having repaired.
it will fix it, and that should be the end of the noise.

as said many times on these boards, the 04s were the most troublesome as they were the 1)first year of production for the endeavot, and 2)the first year of the new chassis design for all three US built cars.

they are still VERY, VERY reliable trucks. propshaft repairs and software updates pretty much cover the only issues on them at all.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2 Posts
Originally posted by manybrews@Feb 23 2007, 04:35 PM
if you searched, you would find that the 04s suffered from noisey propshafts, similar to what you're describing and similar to what you're having repaired.
it will fix it, and that should be the end of the noise.

as said many times on these boards, the 04s were the most troublesome as they were the 1)first year of production for the endeavot, and 2)the first year of the new chassis design for all three US built cars.

they are still VERY, VERY reliable trucks.  propshaft repairs and software updates pretty much cover the only issues on them at all.
[snapback]86671[/snapback]​
Thanks for the reply. After picking up the vehicle on Friday, and driving it a good 80 miles on the highway I did not hear the noise anymore. I'm glad to know that we have someone on this message board with in-depth knowledge and experience with Mitsubishi's. Like I said in my previous post, I absolutely love my Endeavor and plan on keeping it for a long time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by cristinaguerra@Feb 6 2007, 06:08 AM
:)  First I would like to say that all my cars have been Misubishis and never had any problems such as this one before. I have owned a 2005 Endeavor for two years now and I have been having the same problem for over a year. I hear a rattling/bushings noise when the road is not even. I have taken my Endeavor to at least five different Mitsubishi service centers. They have changed the bushings, the insulators, and I don´t know how many other things. But the noise is still there. It is very annoying and I am so desperate and that I´m even thinking of changing the vehicle.
[snapback]84685[/snapback]​


Yes agree! I am here again because I am waiting for a tow truck as I type. Transmission BLOWN. Also the same front suspension noise. The dealer said tow is not covered "Guess what it was covereed after a phone call to MITSU" Dealer lying as always and was persistent to let me know to have all records of service or HE WILL NOT FIX IT ! "Can't wait to get this day over"

Over all I had nothing but problems right out of the dealer "maybe I got stuck with a lemon or a misfit but experience is and still is horrible and big thumbs down...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by volito@Jan 27 2007, 04:46 PM
Been reading topics on Endeavors...
Came hear to see if anyone had problems with noise from front suspension?
"Like rattling and bushing noise"

I'll give my review of this SUV after 4 years of driving...

-Had problem with a spur in a gear in the stearing column straight out of showroom. Took months to solve this problem as dealer had to call in a specialist from Mis... "Had banging noise and bumping in steering"

-Rattling noise from front suspension, dealer changed bushings around 20k but noise is always there "rattling and seams suspension is loose" dealer's cannot seam to get rid of this.
-Wind noise as others state here at high speeds.." I guess opening window is a solution :(
Overall approaching 50k the above problem are big to me and would not purchase another one !
Thanks if anyone else has problems with rattling noise from from end and suspension please post your ideas or problems....
[snapback]83620[/snapback]​



Just add blown tranny to the list ! Waiting for tow truck as I type...


And what's up with dealers and service straight out lie's?


Called dealer today and manager said tow is not covered...
Called Mitsu and they said it was...

To me no explaination for a manager to lie !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by manybrews@Feb 23 2007, 04:35 PM


as said many times on these boards, the 04s were the most troublesome as they were the 1)first year of production for the endeavot, and 2)the first year of the new chassis design for all three US built cars.



Ya and we should suffer for that or Mistsu ?

Why is that so hard to understand? I as a customer spent over 30k for what an experiment.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Originally posted by volito@Mar 2 2007, 11:34 AM
Just add blown tranny to the list ! Waiting for tow truck as I type...
And what's up with dealers and service straight out lie's?
Called dealer today and manager said tow is not covered...
Called Mitsu and they said it was...

To me no explaination for a manager to lie !
[snapback]87363[/snapback]​

Just an update three hours later ! "Still waiting for that tow truck"

Way to go Mistubishi...

Stay away from MIstu !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by volito@Mar 2 2007, 11:34 AM
Just add blown tranny to the list ! Waiting for tow truck as I type...
And what's up with dealers and service straight out lie's?
Called dealer today and manager said tow is not covered...
Called Mitsu and they said it was...

To me no explaination for a manager to lie !
[snapback]87363[/snapback]​
because it shouldnt be covered on a 4 year old truck with 50k miles.


And how did you "blow" the transmission? What are the symptoms? Did you service it as it was suppost to be? Do you tow with it? Did you get it stuck in the snow? Did you let your 16 year old drive it?


there are 2 sides to every story, and I somehow think you're leaving out a few facts.
Ive seen exactly ONE transmission failure on any endeavor ever. it was at 180,000 miles on a badly abused, never serviced transaxle.
Could it fail? sure. But I bet theres something else going on.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by volito@Mar 2 2007, 01:45 PM
Just an update three hours later ! "Still waiting for that tow truck"

Way to go Mistubishi...

Stay away from MIstu !
[snapback]87383[/snapback]​
Mitsubishi has no control over when a tow truck picks you up. You think Mitsubishi is running a tow company?


nice attitude. You're the type of customer that cant take responsibility for anything, aren't you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Originally posted by manybrews@Mar 2 2007, 05:35 PM
Mitsubishi has no control over when a tow truck picks you up.  You think Mitsubishi is running a tow company?
nice attitude.  You're the type of customer that cant take responsibility for anything, aren't you?
[snapback]87404[/snapback]​

Kidding right?

Million Dollar company can't get a tow truck to a customer in under 4hours. You must work for Mistsu to protect that. What about the manager lying about tow coverage?


The truck whether it is only 04 STINKS...

Now dealer is going through my maintance reciepts wutrh a fine comb !

When does Mitsu take responsiblity for there 04 project and lying dealers?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,157 Posts
Originally posted by volito@Mar 2 2007, 10:01 PM
Kidding right?

Million Dollar company can't get a tow truck to a customer in under 4hours. You must work for Mistsu to protect that. What about the manager lying about tow coverage?
The truck whether it is only 04 STINKS...
you actually think Mitsubishi has ANY control over the tow truck companies? You think that they somehow work harder for mitsusbishi than any other customer? You're living in a dream world.
perhaps you dont realize that the tow truck companies have NOTHING to do with Mitsubishi other than to be called by them.

Now dealer is going through my maintance reciepts wutrh a fine comb !
as they should. Its your responsibility to maintain the car, and neglecting to do so 1)ruins ANY car, and 2)voids your warranty.

When does Mitsu take responsiblity for there 04 project and lying dealers?
[snapback]87433[/snapback]​
this is exactly what Im talking about. Its doubtful you're telling us everything that happened, and the dealer isnt lying to you as a 4 year old car with 50k on it should not be towed under warranty (but probably will because you called and bitched about it). Also, there is nothing wrong with the 04s or any endeavor on the road. Statistics show they are well above the average for reliability overall. Perhaps you've abused yours terribly? Perhaps its been neglected? Perhaps its been in a terrible accident and not repaired/diagnosed fully?
Even if it did suffer a catastrophic failure on its own (very unlikely), its one in a million and may well be covered if you start treating people decently, and STOP treating them like they all owe you something and are all "out to get you".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
you actually think Mitsubishi has ANY control over the tow truck companies? You think that they somehow work harder for mitsusbishi than any other customer? You're living in a dream world.
perhaps you dont realize that the tow truck companies have NOTHING to do with Mitsubishi other than to be called by them.
Then they shouldn't charge and call it MITSUBISHI Road Side Assistance. Waiting over 4hrs is just unacceptable ! "Picture being away from home and nowhere to go" Maybe if they charge extra they can put a tow truck in dealers.


as they should. Its your responsibility to maintain the car, and neglecting to do so 1)ruins ANY car, and 2)voids your warranty.
Agreed ! But not when I put 4 years of full maintenance papers in front of them and they still come up with excuses to delay service ! Unnacceptable...

this is exactly what Im talking about. Its doubtful you're telling us everything that happened, and the dealer isnt lying to you as a 4 year old car with 50k on it should not be towed under warranty (but probably will because you called and bitched about it). Also, there is nothing wrong with the 04s or any endeavor on the road. Statistics show they are well above the average for reliability overall. Perhaps you've abused yours terribly? Perhaps its been neglected? Perhaps its been in a terrible accident and not repaired/diagnosed fully?
Even if it did suffer a catastrophic failure on its own (very unlikely), its one in a million and may well be covered if you start treating people decently, and STOP treating them like they all owe you something and are all "out to get you".
Should not be towed ! I payed for extended warrenty on POWER TRAIN. Obvisouly if tranny fails customer is going to need a tow "NO BRAINER" And I did call and **** and recieved a TOW "No brainer"

And Perhaps your assuming to much "My Endeavor is in mint condition but does not hold up with all necessary maintenance done"


Maybe I just did end up with a lemon !
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Update Truck is still in shop going on 4 weeks "Great service"

Mitsubishi's response "no control over dealers"


Was under warrenty TRANNY failed...


Over all would never buy anothr Mitsubishi AGAIN...

PS: Daeler said he is waiting for nwhole new tranny !
Mitsubishi says dealer just ordered a part and rebuilding. "Once again dealer lies"


OK Buddy find some excuses for this dealy and lies !
Let me Guess the customers fault :bwekk:
 
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Top