Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a 2004 Mitsubishi Endeavor that i am working on removing the right side (Firewall) catalytic converter, i have removed all the bolts and the unit is loose, how the heck does this thing come out?
I am assuming its through the bottom because there's no way its coming through the top. What do i need to remove to get this bad unit out and the new one in its place, stuck need some help please!

TIA

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Got it out!

My answer from an online mechanic:

How the heck do i remove the right side (firewall) catalytic converter on a 2004 Mitsubishi endeavor?

Hi and welcome,
Ok, you have to drop the propeller shaft, the transfer case rear extension, the front exhaust pipe and a few other things. Mitsubishi directions are fairly sparse for this.

Hello, what about the main cross member support (passenger side), is it possible to remove the 2 bolts that hold that to the frame and the one bolt that goes through the control arm and attaches to the frame to allow it to lower one side to allow the removal of the manifold? Its already out a quarter of the way. Or will it come out on the left side by just removing the propeller shaft (Drive lines) and transfer case rear extension, also the front exhaust pipe - would this be the lower pipe that connects the right side manifold to the left side (front) manifold? what are the few "Other" things?

HI,

Remove from the left side. the front pipe is the lower pipe that connects the right side to the left side.

Did you open the pdf file - the other things are listed in it and shown in diagram - o2 sensors, egr pipe, knock sensor and crank sensor connectors, heat protectors.

Yes i opened the PDF, i also have the e manual. i have everything already disconnected, o2 sensors are off, heat shields had to be taken off to get to the exhaust bolts, exhaust manifold is sitting loose ready to be pulled out. I am just confirming that i do NOT have to remove the cross member?? That it can be pulled out from the left side after the drive lines are off and then just the rear transfer case extension piece. Is the front exhaust pipe a must to have off? Why the need for the knock sensor and crank sensor or are you referring to the wiring for both as in the PDF? Trying to get motivated to get this done, started this on Friday and it has been a royal pain, never again will i do one of these.

HI,

I am referring to disconnecting the connectors from the sensors. Sorry for any confusion. I do NOT mean the wiring harness itself.

Yes, you need to remove that exhaust pipe and yes it will come out the left side and the cross member does NOT have to come off.

one more quick question, is the drive line in 3 pieces, if so can i just take out the 1st section or does the complete drive line have to be removed?

HI,

2 piece drive shaft. you can unbolt it at the transfer case, unbolt the center bearing and then leave the rear and it will lower to the ground if you have the vehicle on jack-stands or ramps.

So i was successful, got the old manifold out, gotta get a replacement bolt tomorrow then i can get the new one re-installed. BTW- i did not need to remove the front pipe and still got it out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts