Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to get roofracks for my 2013 Outlander. It has no side rails, and this rubber strip does not seem to have any removable sections, where a mounting point may be.

Are there mounting points under this rubber strip?

What are my options?

I'm in Australia, in COVID lockdown for the next month, so ideally I can install them myself.

Thanks, Brock

·
Super Moderator
2018 MQ Triton
493 Posts
There are mounting holes below the trims. In fitting, you would have to cut the trims to allow the mountings to be mounted.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update:

I got a quote from arb.com.au for roof racks and installation. Installation was $190.

Due to COVID lockdown, I decided to install them myself, which went OK. At the start it was a pain, but once I worked out what I was doing, it was pretty easy.

Tips:
  1. Assemble all parts before you even touch the car. I started trying to do the car, and the assembly at the same time, which was the wrong way to do it.
  2. The threads on the mounts, under the rubber strip, were corroded. I had to chase them with a tap I happened to have. The tip of the tap was too long, so I ground some of it away on my bench grinder. If the car was newer, there would be far less corrosion, and this step would have been much easier.
  3. I broke some of the plastic mounts that hold the rubber strip, while removing it. It stays in place fine without them, but it may be an issue in the future. I will either source some new mounts, or use something like hotglue to hold it. The mounts are really fragile, and I'm not sure how to remove the strip without breaking them.
In the end I'm happy to have saved $190, but I'm pretty handy. If you are less handy, and your car is a few years old, getting it installed is probably worthwhile.

Cheers, Brock

1 - 4 of 4 Posts