Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice that while crusing in my Automatic 4WD Endeavor at 2000 RPM, on flat surface, the speedometer reads around 58 mi/hr. I notice in some other SUV's, driving at 2000 RPM gets you closer to 70 mi/hr.

I would like to know if people in this forum notice the same thing in their Endeavors, or different. And anyone know why Endeavor, being packed with respectable torque, yet doesn't make the 4th gear ratio higher to improve gas milleage?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The endeavor is a sports car, with the shell of an SUV. Specifically, i'm pretty sure its a Galant. Its not made for towing like a full-size SUV. An SUV that has more towing power will require less RPM's to go the same speed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But wouldn't a car like Endeavor, packed with 255 lbs-ft of torque, be able to push its weight along 60mph at 2000 RPM ? The problem is my Endeavor needs to rev up to 2500 RPM just to get to 60 mph, while other cross over (ie: Subaru Outback) only needs 1800 RPM to run at 60 mph.

Does anyone out there whose Endeavor run at less RPM while cruising at (say) 60mph ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Does anyone out there whose Endeavor run at less RPM while cruising at (say) 60mph ?

I will check on mine , I will report .

Agree they should have put a 5th gear ...

even a 6th like the new Outlander.

Anyway Mitsu should target heavily better gaz millage to survive

the rocketing oil price ...$ 140 / baril ...$ 1.49 liter at the pump.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
keep in mind that will fluctuate depending on the temp of the trans.
the torque converter will not engage until the trans is up to temp. that happens fast on a warm day, but you may not get there if its cold.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank Outlander411 for the pic as a confirmation. Converting from your metric system into miles, your Ende run at the same speed at near 2000rpm as my Ende. You are right about Mitsubishi's failure to add a fifth gear for the Ende. A fifth gear would make this car PERFECT !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts