Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi,
i want to run a amp off my standard head unit as i have upgraded my speakers, does any one have any idea which wires on the standard loom are for the rear speakers as i have to cut them and connect them to the transformer box many thanks

black_hawk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I managed to get hold of the wiring Diagram from my Mitsubishi dealer. If anyone needs it let me know

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are a Wiz at soldering, you could make some line level output wires on the radio - you WILL void the warranty, but who cares ' it's a ****ty radio anyway with the integrated amp.

I will post instructions for modding line out /in permanent on the MP3 unit.

// Per.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a black hawk, I have installed two high level input amps, connected directly to the rear speaker outputs. I use one amp to drive uprated rear speakers, the other amp runs two 12" subs. I also installed replacement tweater units in the front as the stock tweeter system is rubbish.

The whole lot cost me less that £300 and it sounds amazing.

·
Registered
1 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Black_Hawk @ Nov 3 2007, 02:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div>
hi,
i want to run a amp off my standard head unit as i have upgraded my speakers, does any one have any idea which wires on the standard loom are for the rear speakers as i have to cut them and connect them to the transformer box many thanks

black_hawk[/b]
what speakers did you replace your standard ones with please? i have a black hawk czt and the standard sound system is rubbish!!!
much appriciated!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Is there a difference in the head units when the RF system is installed vs. a non RF system? If so where can I find the wiring diagram for the RF system.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

First post in here so i'm hoping this is where it can go, The mrs has a 2010 Colt and we're wanting to put her sub in the back that we ripped out of her old car, already have the line level converter, but don't really want to be ripping into the dash to get to the wiring out the back of the stereo. Does anyone know the wiring colours of the wires that come out of the back doors, i'm hoping i can "jump" onto these wires to connect the converter into. The colours of the wiring in the doors doesn't come out the doors the same colour. Can't remember what they are at the moment (in the doors) but i tried following them out the door with no luck.

Any help here would be great if anyone else has done the same thing. Don't really want to rip the doors apart, or anything as much as i can as it can induce squeeks/rattles and this is the last thing i want with a new car (specially the mrs car lol)

Cheers

1 - 11 of 11 Posts