Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both the globes in my 94ssg compass and clock lights have blown.

Does anyone know a place in Australia where to get the globes? Im in Melbourne and I cant find a place to buy them. Been to various auto elecs, jaycar, tandy, repco, bursons. All got nothing similar.
Have been to Mitsubishi but they are very expensive ($17each) but the main problem is that they need to be ordered from Japan which will take 6 weeks or so they reckon.

Any one had to replace these before?

Chris

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
When I have problems with parts I just call an auto wreaker and they ussually sell/give me all sorts of bits I need. The bulbs are nothing special so you can get from various Mitsi models. Good time to gather any other plastic bits which have broken over the years.

Jim

·
Registered
26 Posts
I assume you are after the v. small bulbs? I got some here in the UK from Maplin (www.maplin.co.uk), item BT43W. The rubber coloured caps they have fitted may have perished, so it might be worth considering using coloured bulbs?? Maplin refs.
PG78C, PG80B,PG79L, PG78K.
I see you have checked Tandy etc, perhaps there is a Hobby electronics firm, or a company who supply the professional electronics market who would have them (here in the UK Farnell / RS Components come to mind).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ahh so easy in the uk. Yeah ive seen that maplin site but they dont send to Aus. I still have the green caps so not worried about that, just need the globes. Your part number BT43W is correct i think.
Chasing a new lead now but here is some photos in case anyone knows another car that might use them

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Perhaps other Mitsubishi's use a similar clock etc? so posting on a forum devoted to one of those might find someone else in Oz. who's been round the same loop?
I pass maplins from time to time so if you are really stuck PM me & I will post a few over.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Another common problem with the compass is leaking capacitors on the circuit board. While you have apart replace the caps with the correct size from your local electronic store. Make sure you face the correct way when replacing (+/ - ). Not a hard job just need a soldering iron and some patience.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts