Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi where do the uk members get there insurance???? having trouble getting a price for a 2.0td RvR sports Gear

please help

Dave

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ime with "Direct Choice" through Footman James. very reasonable, on a 97 space wagon 2.0ltr, fully comp with trimmings,, a coupla hundred quid. Oh. (in UK) of course. ;)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi,

Liverpool Victoria have insured my quite reasonably on my SSG manual. The list car they have is a 2.0ltr auto, but if you push them a bit they'll insure the SSG manual for the same price. Don't mention the turbo, just say it's a 2.0ltr petrol manual ;-)

Soyeb

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi there, in reply to your query re insurance you could try "A Plan" I have been with them for three years and have a RVR Sports Gear Auto 2ltr, and fully comp for under £230 Very good customer service from them.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi there, I just bought an RVR Sports Gear 4dr Automatic 2.0 engine yesterday, I thought it was a Mitsubishi Space Runner 1.8l engine, the RVR sports gear with 4 doors doesn't seem to be in many insurers databases, its a f:ing nightmare to be honest.

Worst case I will have to sell this car to my mother in Sweden, she tells me insurers aren't at all as fussy as they are in the UK, they'd insure it in no time.

Anyway, I'm hoping to find somewhere where they will actually accept insuring it, and hopefully not at a crazy rate, I was offered £2000 for a years insurance, for a car I paid £1200 for, ridiculous!

Any advice from someone who has insured a RVR Sports Gear 4dr Automatic 2.0 engine will be very much appreciated.

If you don't have any advice but want to buy it off me for £1200 you are welcome to contact me as well although that's not the ideal solution :-(

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you class your 4 doors as 2 front, 1 side sliding & 1 rear tailgate, then GSI (Geoffery Simmonds Insurance) covered myself & the missus for £250 fully comp on my 92 RVR Sportgear 4x4 TD Auto :thumbsup:

·
Registered
7 Posts
i was quoted from adrian flux for an imported rvr sports gear ralliart 2ltr evo turbo 230 quid tpft,i went and bought the car on that basis only to be told when i phoned up to accept the insurance,ohh no sorry sir thats not the car we quoted you for,i told them everything,they then came back with a quote for 410 quid nearly double the original quote,as id already bought the car i was committed they moved the goal posts,so be aware!

the only bonus with their insurance is that it covers you to drive any vehicle!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts