Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Mit RVR-X 1993 model (A/T) vehicle. What i observe is that the temperature indicator goes almost in the middle of the guage. Is this normal? I checked the coolant, fans and radiator and seems they are ok. I am just concern because some sites says that hot engine will damage the transmission.

Please advise.

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Running mid range on temps is OK. To be on the safe side I would change your antifreeze fluid and monitor how bad it looks when flushing & draining, I have noticed that many owners around the equator do not change fluid often and ussually only rely on plain water. Antifreeze also raises the boiling point of water and contains anti corrosion additives needed to keep the system running clean. It only lasts a couple of years before it degrades and needs to be replaced.

Another thought is to check and most likley replace your radiator cap. These are pressure relief valves and if they open to soon the required pressure does not build up and to late you rupture a radiator line. Get a good known cap to be sure if OK.

Jim

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought this second hand car and im not sure when was the last change in coolant. Anyway, I will try your suggestion once I get a chance (funds). Thanks for the advice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts