Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I was looking to install Sirius Radio in my Endee I didn't see much advice on this forum so I figured I'd post this to help anyone in the future. First off, Sirius is awesome and I totally recommend it to everyone. I love it.

Ok, now that that's out of the way...I wanted to buy a mount for the radio. In the Endeavor theres not really any good places to mount using the suction cup because the window is very far away. Unless you're content with always using the remote, I don't recommend that. The air vent mounts are ok but they scrape the silver paint off the vents (I tried it out for a day or two and I pretty much ruined them) and it puts the radio either too close to the steering wheel or two far away and usually facing the wrong angle.

I found two different custom made mounts on the internet. One is here:
http://www.panaviseonline.com/product.php?id=1367

and the other is here:
http://www.sirius-radio-satellite.com/inde...on=Custom&ID=30

I bought the first one (panavise) because it was a little cheaper. I would not recommend the panavise mount. I bought it off of amazon.com and it was advertised as being for Sirius Radio. It really doesn't fit the radio without a lot of modification. The screw pattern is ok, however the locations where everything plug in are covered and one of the other holes was blocked too. So after drilling some holes and hack sawing off the corner I made it fit and its pretty good now. Very sturdy, keeps the radio at the right angle and its designed at the perfect height.
I hooked up the radio myself. I stuck the antenna to the rear roof near the trunk and ran the cord through the weatherstripping up to the front, under the floormat and through/behind the center console. So unless you picked up the floormat or really looked for it, you would never see the cord. I ran the power from the "key-operated" outlet under the armrest, down next to the seat and up behind the console with the other cord. Those two wires plug in fine, as they are on the right side of the radio. There are two other plugs on the elft side of the radio that I am not using and unless I buy a different mount I will not be able to use them. If you look in the pictures, you can see how the mount is not out very far and presses the radio into the dash a bit. This keeps the radio very sturdy but does not allow me to plug in the other cords if I ever want to use those options(antenna bypass or AUX out).
This problem may be different if you used XM, but I have no idea.
Looking at the second link, it seems that the mount is not as large and is extended slightly more makng it much more suitable for Sirius.

Overall, the panavise didn't fit without a lot of modifications. If you have the tools and some know how you can make it fit, although it took me a long time and a lot of aggravation, but most of that was trying out different things to avoid cutting the mount. Also, you will only be able to use the right hand side plugs if you buy the same radio I have. Now that it is in, its really nice and it looks good. Its difficult to see where I had to cut.

[attachmentid=4728][attachmentid=4729][attachmentid=4730][attachmentid=4731][attachmentid=4732]

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks - that's great info. I'm picking up an '06 Endeavor on Saturday, and your info will be helpful as I transfer my XM radio over from my old car. :liebe011:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts