Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally received my second master key from the dealership for a 2005 endeavor. The 2nd key will lock and unlock the doors but it will not turn the engine over. Every time I try it the immobilizer light goes off. I did try using the 1st master key in the on position and then inserting the 2nd in the on position until the immobilizer light blinks and then reinserting the 2nd key again to try to program it but it does not take. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
44 Posts
From what I have known about endy, It seems like you need the two original keys that came with the car or else you cannot duplicate copies for the car.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
As far as I know I have both master keys. I am having problems with the 2nd master not turning the engine over. There are numbers written on the tag that the dealer puts on and I can read the numbers on the back of the remote. The numbers on the remote match each other if that helps.

·
Registered
39 Posts
To program a new key, you need two master keys that are already programmed. So the new key would have to be #3. The procedure is in the manual.

However, even if the new key wasn't programmed, I think it should still start the engine. If you use an unprogrammed key it'll start but then shut down after a little while. right?

Will the new key turn, but not turn over the engine? Or will the key not even turn?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, the key will turn and then the engine shuts down and the immobilizer light blinks. The key having the problems looks exactly like my other key, it has the Mits logo and everything else. The dealer told me it was the original second key.

·
Registered
39 Posts
The Endee keys are microchip keys. They need to be programmed. In order to program a new key, you need two other keys that are already programmed.

I think you can contact the dealer but it is very expensive to have them do it.

You can go into the dash computer to find out how many keys are registered with your car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts