Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

my car is showing Service engine soon contineously and scanned code tells me its P0135.I had posted this problem sometime back and as suggested I got the External O2 sensor (visible when you pop up the hood) changed and reset all the codes.
However I still have the same problem.

Please suggest

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No...I didnt.Only the external one was changed.
How big is the effort to chage the other one?I mean expense wise

·
Registered
31 Posts
Originally posted by plnt_mits@Jun 14 2007, 04:44 PM
No...I didnt.Only the external one was changed.
How big is the effort to chage the other one?I mean expense wise
[snapback]100758[/snapback]​

Last time I changed mine, the O2 itself cost me about 70 bucks. I did not searched though, I just bought it and instaleld it. are you sure the code is about o2 sensors? You might want to go to autozone<<< only one I know that does scanning for free and explains what you need.

·
Registered
43 Posts
First, what size engine do you have? If it is a four cyclinder, then there is only one bank. If it is a V6 then bank 1 is the side of the engine that cyclinder #1 is on. When the description of the code (P0135) is bank 1, sensor 1 it means the O2 sensor (pre cat) on bank 1. Bank 1, sensor 2 is after your Mitsubishi catalytic converter. This sensor is called the cat monitor. Some vehicles with V style engines will have the exhaust from both banks routed into the same cat, so these vehicles will only have on cat monitor. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I remember this one. Each mechanic had a different opinion based on the code. Yes it can be coming off from different parts like catalytic converter, O2 sensor and so on. Luckily took it to dealer and found exhaust manifold ( pipes running down from engine) had a recall. Dealer changed it and it fixed the problem

Check your dealer if your car is under warrantly and for any recalls.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the same error code. My question is Bank one sensor one the Front left or front right as is listed on most part sites. I know sensor one is pre-cat on the side of cyl. #1. However, is cyl. #1 considered left or right on a 2001 Eclipse Spyder V6? My guess is right side.

Can someone confirm for me?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I guessed wrong. I ordered a front right side and the wire was too short. I guess Bank One is Front Left. I saw in the manual that it was stated as right side sensor.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts