Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Ralliart
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys, I have a problem with my 2004 Ralliart manual transmission. It will shift shift to reverse but when I start releasing the clutch pedal it go back to neutral. Even I hold the shifter knob hard there is a strong force to go back to neutral as you release the clutch with the sound of gears. How I could fix it? Thank you

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi guys, I have a problem with my 2004 Ralliart manual transmission. It will shift shift to reverse but when I start releasing the clutch pedal it go back to neutral. Even I hold the shifter knob hard there is a strong force to go back to neutral as you release the clutch with the sound of gears. How I could fix it? Thank you
You have a worn out syncho ring. Major transmission work.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Is the shifter sloppy? Feeling loose? If the Shift cable bushings are worn out, it may have trouble fully engaging. Check them before removing the transmission completely. Good luck

·
Registered
23 Posts
Is the shifter sloppy? Feeling loose? If the Shift cable bushings are worn out, it may have trouble fully engaging. Check them before removing the transmission completely. Good luck
Another thought - check your motor mounts. Worn out motor mounts can attribute to sloppy shifting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts