Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if i decide to go with a short ram intake on my car because the cold air wont fit unless somebody knows how to make it lol how do i take my stock intake out without taking out the map sensor on it. do i even need it. im pretty sure i do? if anyone could please help me out thanks.

·
Registered
1,787 Posts
Originally posted by billyboy0109@Mar 4 2007, 10:22 PM
if i decide to go with a short ram intake on my car because the cold air wont fit unless somebody knows how to make it lol how do i take my stock intake out without taking out the map sensor on it. do i even need it. im pretty sure i do? if anyone could please help me out thanks.
[snapback]87649[/snapback]​
Allright, let's correct a few things here:

First of all, the sensor in the intake is a MAF (mass air flow) sensor, not a MAP (manifold absolute pressure) sensor. Older Hondas use MAP sensors to measure air, but MAFs are more reliable and accurate. Second, yes, you DO need it. Your MAF measures incoming air to your engine, telling your ECU how much fuel to add to get the right mixture. I have run a car for a couple of minutes without a MAF connected and it runs like CRAP. Third, you HAVE to take out the MAF to add it to the new intake. It's impossible to not because you have to throw out the old tubing. Fourth, unless you have a manual transmission, you can't install a cold air because the bellhousing on the trans is made bigger for the torque convertor.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks so basically i could go with a short ram intake on it but not a cold air intake unless i move the battery which i have no i dea to where lol ?

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Originally posted by billyboy0109@Mar 7 2007, 01:40 AM
thanks so basically i could go with a short ram intake on it but not a cold air intake unless i move the battery which i have no i dea to where lol ?
[snapback]88008[/snapback]​
Move the battery to the trunk. Summit Racing has battery relocation kits.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts