Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all I own a 05 Ralliart and am thinking of putting a short ram intake. I did a bunch of research on it and some say because the tube is so short and stuff when air is sucked in it creates such a turbulance that it messes with my sensors and stuff. Has anyone had any problems when instaling a short ram on their Ralliart such as needing to replace a sensor, ECU ect....

Thanks

·
Registered
395 Posts
nah. i put an AEM short ram on my 05 RA. just be careful with the MAF sensor when removing it.

G

·
some people don't think before they speak. if you do put on a short ram make sure to pull your screen out of your MAS it will help with horse power its like putting on a performance MAS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Going SRI get get the one from Ultimate Racing in Toronto Canada its a beautiful piece works awesome, sounds great and looks great. MAF tucked nicely out of sight wicked job on the stainless tube polishing what can I say check it out for yourself. Also a serious mid-pipe from them and axel-back with Dyno sheets to boot! The muffler sounds fantastic specialy if you are not 18.

http://www.ultimate-racing.com/

·
Registered
6 Posts
Originally posted by bullet_bike_syke69@Mar 21 2008, 01:52 AM
some people don't think before they speak. if you do put on a short ram make sure to pull your screen out of your MAS it will help with horse power its like putting on a performance MAS.
[snapback]151153[/snapback]​
What's this screen you're talking about? Where is it located on the MAF? Should I do it if I'm installing a CAI?

·
Registered
3 Posts
No screen in my MAF not sure what dude is talking about yes you have to take care when handling any MAF or any sensor for that matter. Had an issue removing my O2 sensor when putting on the catback, lost a couple of threads but worked out alright.
Onward through the mods man!

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by bullet_bike_syke69@Mar 21 2008, 02:52 AM
[snapback]151153[/snapback]​
and how did i not "think before i spoke"? and what screen? and "performance MAS"? do u think with ur a$$ cuz u sure do talk out of it :laughing:

·
Registered
395 Posts
Originally posted by neffer@Jul 5 2008, 05:50 AM
No screen in my MAF not sure what dude is talking about yes you have to take care when handling any MAF or any sensor for that matter. Had an issue removing my O2 sensor when putting on the catback, lost a couple of threads but worked out alright.
Onward through the mods man!
[snapback]179556[/snapback]​
what size pipe on the catback? i have 3"(to prep for boost) and the guy at the muffler shop suggested cutting the piping after the O2 sensor to avoid any problems. i agreed since i have a restrictive stock header anyways and i was just gonna deal with it after i got the turbo. did u have to get a check engine lite eliminator or anything?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
Yeah, to all members of this thread, don't listen to bullet byke **** and his removed the screen bullshit. Removing screens from your maf could be hazardeous to your engine if you don't know what you're doing. The idea originated from the 2g turbo dsm when tuners from RRE were removing some of the honeycombs from the maf while tuning with a s-afc.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts