Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok here it is.. i got a 2003 lancer oz rally in the end of 2003 with 18k miles on it and power all and the whole works...i only paid 6500bucks for it thats a steal for it being that new..so i took it...i knew it would be a fun car to mod up and looks nice,i really couldnt pass up the deal. After a few years now i have a bodykit,18's,hids,intake,full headers back exhaust,slotted rotors,its a automatic,it now has about 70k miles on it all hwy,i got tint and evo spoiler and evotaillights,now i know its not meant for power and i should sell it and get rid of it if iwant power but with my money situation i cant think of getting a new car, so i want to get some more power for it by getting a turbo on it and i have studied and found that i can get a whole kit from spooledmotorsports.com for about 1500bucks and its capable of 250hp ...now the lancer comes stock about 130 and i got intake and full exhaust im getting pulleys and cams,and possible pistons... is the car going to be worth getting the turbo on it? im hoping to be around 250hp when done with all engine mods... i just need some outside help and suggestions... its going to be about 2 more years before i think of buying a new car so...for now this is what ihave in mind...please help me here....i have a guy that has been installing turbos for about 7 years now and he said my car will be quick and with a lower end setup i should be fine...

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well first of all you have a automatic. So you cant put the much boost on your engine. And you will have to get pistons and rods and cam if you want more than 7 or 8 lbs. I think you should try to get a new car that is a five speed.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
If you do it, just remember that the car was never meant to be turbo'd and wasn't built to handle the mysterious extra hp a turbo forces on it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts