Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I got an 08 es lancer with the navi package and I didn't get sirius with it. I was just woundering if there was anyway I can get a sirius tuner so i can run it trough the navi system instead of just using the external radios. Thanks in advance for any help

·
Registered
251 Posts
dont all lancers come with sirius. I have the sun and sound, not navi and i got 6 months free.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by Eagles GTS 08@Sep 19 2007, 10:19 PM
dont all lancers come with sirius.  I have the sun and sound, not navi and i got 6 months free.
[snapback]112892[/snapback]​
no they don't. I know the sun and sound package comes with it. The navi has it as well but you have to buy another package thats around 800 on top of that to get the sirius and 6 months of free programing

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
there is a sirius install kit (or will be soon) for all lancers and outlanders.
but you will NOT be able to do it yourself. It will be a dealer only item.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Originally posted by Eagles GTS 08@Sep 19 2007, 11:19 PM
dont all lancers come with sirius.  I have the sun and sound, not navi and i got 6 months free.
[snapback]112892[/snapback]​
That was going to be a question for me to post... i got the ES with sun/sound, i have the sirius sat radio, but i did not get anything about the free trial. How do you go about getting the free months trial?

please let me know as i want to hook that up.

thanks,

Peligroso

·
Registered
251 Posts
If you push the "SAT" button on the radio, a 1-800 number will come up on the screen. You call that and they will set it up over the phone in like 10 mins. Its free and well worth it.

·
Registered
76 Posts
very cool, i was about to call the dealership and request a code or something... since my friend got a different car and was provided a number for him to use to activate his XM for 3 months.
i will call the 800 number right now...

thanks a lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Originally posted by manybrews@Sep 20 2007, 05:35 AM
there is a sirius install kit (or will be soon) for all lancers and outlanders.
but you will NOT be able to do it yourself.  It will be a dealer only item.
[snapback]112934[/snapback]​
Ya they don't have anything right now at the dealership for the lancers..... I hope they come out soon. I would love to have it run through my navi system so it would be touch screen. Hopefully it won't cost an arm and a leg to get installed by the dealership.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are all the radios set up for satelite. I think if you get the sun and sound, you get the trial, but without sun and sound- i think you just get the set up and have to activate it yourself and pay. I may be wrong tho

·
Registered
76 Posts
i got the satellite radio hooked up on my car, it is good for 6 months of free service. The woman on the phone was trying to sell me the entire year for $50, which is very cheap, but i think i am going to give it a try before i commit to payments.

the first ES i had, did not have a satellite radio, but it was satellite ready, which means i can buy the attachment and it will work with the radio in the car. but the ES i got now with sun and sound, came with the phosgate system and the satellite... i like that alot.

THanks for the info Eagles...

·
Registered
251 Posts
it is great for sports fans. you get every single nfl game play by play. It is great when you cant watch it on tv. it is also good for other sports games but I know the nfl has every single game on a different channel

·
Registered
4 Posts
SIRIUS ROCKS!!!!

I got myself the lifetime membership...no more bills for me

I'd get it if you plan on keeping your car for a while

·
Registered
5 Posts
i don't get all the channels in the brochere with my free six months.... how do i get channels 40,43,45,104, 106 and so on??

·
Registered
33 Posts
Originally posted by flawless22@Sep 4 2008, 09:57 PM
I too did not get any channels included in the brochure... i think that's cause of our 6 months "free" thing probaly. -__-
[snapback]201182[/snapback]​
I was wondering about this myself.

I picked up my '09 GTS with the navi system yesterday, and Sirius seems to be pre-activated -- though, it doesn't look like I have all of the channels.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Originally posted by TWiNKiE@Sep 5 2008, 06:46 AM
I was wondering about this myself.

I picked up my '09 GTS with the navi system yesterday, and Sirius seems to be pre-activated -- though, it doesn't look like I have all of the channels.
[snapback]201307[/snapback]​
I just picked up my '09 Lancer GTS last night. I like Hip-hop but I can't get the channels that I want (40, 45, 50). I was looking through the manual about channel locks and channel skips and all that but I didn't really understand any of it.

Any solutions found yet?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts