Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just signed on site! Have a 2000 model Space star 1.8GDI. Exciting!! Well its reliable. I live in Dorset, England. Am keen to find out three things.
1. Why do the GDI/DDI engines need special oil (have just had to pay out to remedy the throttle body being clogged).
2. How do I change the instrument illumination bulbs.
3. Are there pre set holes for fitting a tow bar frame.

Anyway look forward to seeing what other Mitsy owners are up to and sharing our mechanical problems and hints!! Rob

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey Rob!

Welcome along to the forums! :gunsmilie:

1. Why do the GDI/DDI engines need special oil (have just had to pay out to remedy the throttle body being clogged).

Because the grades of Oil in the Uk are not the same as the Grades of oil in Japan where your car was manufactured. When GDI was released Japan didnt realise that the Oil's all around the world are different and in most cases are worse. Hense the fact your engine gets clogged.

2. How do I change the instrument illumination bulbs.

When you find the answer to this let me know? :laughing:

3. Are there pre set holes for fitting a tow bar frame.

I would imagine there would be? On my Galant for example If I put my hand under the bumper I can feel the space and drill holes etc?

Cheers! Hope you have fun on the forums! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
THANKS FOR THE INFO!! i WILL MAKE SURE THAT FROM NOW ON THE CAR GETS TO USE THE RIGHT OIL. IF I FIND OUT ABOUT THE DASHBOARD BULBS THEN I WILL POST IT!! CHEERS ROB

1 - 5 of 5 Posts