Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi. What it says. I've owned a couple of Mitsubishis before - An L200 and then an 400, both while living in Portugal. Now back in the UK and just bought a 2001 Space Star.
I think I may have had a lapse of judgement as the SRS light is on and doesn't switch off. The dealer, local, tells me it's due to damp from the pre-purchase valeting of the car. I'm not so sure. Any thoughts?
Anyway, nice to be here and apart from that worry it's a nice little car, though a bit short of somewhere to put your left foot next to the clutch...
Jack

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
Try to get the OBD II codes.
Check voltage - SRS relys on healthy charged battery as system is checked before start of engine.
Other than that - airbag not connected properly - not replaced after crash ...

If you do anything checking airbags wires - disconnect battery first for your own safety.
And have the radio codes handy before you start.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've been told that I'll need to go to Mitsubishi for codes as off the shelf jobbies aren't able to sort Mits. codes. True? I know the thing about batteries....we'll see. I had the same thing with a Honda Civic Aerodeck. The dealer had disconnected the battery and the system needed a kick. This was done (and it worked) with the aid of a bit of wire and a sequence of connect - disconnect - connect. Wouldn't know where that connector is on the Space Star.

·
Premium Member
1,402 Posts
I doubt that thing with the codes is true.
OBD II codes and connectors are standard -
I mean how would a highway patrolman make an On Board Diagnostic to
check if your car is O.K. and not polluting the air
if he has to have different scanners for each OEM ?
There are specific codes reserved for each OEM - those might not be
readable with low quality diagnostic tools.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts