Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.
I have thoughts of buying a Space Star 1,8 GDI from 2002 and I wonder if someone in here have good or bad experiences from this car.
I would be grateful if some could give me advises if I shall buy or not.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Their are a few problems with the 1.8 gdi and carbon build up,if you check through the carisma forum you may learn more about it,the engine itself is also shared with the carisma and Volvo (S40 i think) so replacement parts are not hard to find.They are typical mitsubishi reliability (so pretty good)the car itself though doesnt offer as much space as say a vauxhall/opel meriva.hope thats some help to you :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I was having a look at it, too, and decided against it because if you use a child seat, as we do, you cannot flap the rear seats completely but only one half of them. This results in a very small bootspace at any times.

Elsewhere the car is fine. One known problem here in germany is that the two front axle drive shafts have a little too much tolerance which makes them go clickclack everytime you change throttle abruptly in high gears.

I have the same issue with my Carisma. It is not a big problem though, but it might be worth a check beforehand because afaik Mistubishi have issued modified parts in later years which might be replaced at Mitsubishis costs (at least here in Germany).

Cheers Marco
xxx

·
Registered
2 Posts
I quite enjoy that car -for the price I paid - it a used one (114000km when I bought and from 1999) - but gdi engine seems picky - i think i have this carbon clogging problem - even after asking two garage, they say this problem is well know - also too much sulfur in gas in europe compare to japan seems to not be very good for environnement also - and maybe for the motor itself, but i don't know much about all of these things. And idle problems I have are annoying, and this can't be adjusted they say. I do all the recommended passage in garage and respect my car though, so perhaps it is not the best car I had- I m not really convinced by GDI.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts