Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2002 mit Spacestar with discs all round and want to change the pads on the rear but cannot depress the piston back into the caliper I do not think it is siezed as it does advance out, I have changed pads on many other vehicles but have never had this problem, it is a lucas girling caliper. Does anyone have any ideas have I missed something? any help would be most appreciated.

Colin

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Colin
You have to, at the same time screw and push the piston in, I've just changed all pads on the wife's car a 2001 GDI equippe. I used a G cramp and a pair of mole grips, tightening the cramp as I turned the piston with the grips. This I found out 'cos the first side I did the piston came out and I realised what had to be done. With no fluid in the cylinder the piston just screwed in but with fluid in the cylinder you need the G cramp.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I had the same problem. You can buy special tools to do this job but they can be expensive. I did it a similar way to loftyhermes but instead of mole grips, which can score the piston, I used the tool for undoing the screw on an angle grinder to turn the piston. The cutout in the centre of this tool allows the G clamp to be used.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts