Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been wanting to order some new seats but i'm unsure how well a universal seat will fit. do u have to drill new holes for the brackets? can u still use the stock seatbelts? if not, how comfortable are 4 point harnesses? :liebe011:

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
if its a universal it may or may not fit, i know it doesn't help but its the truth. i bought mitsubishi universal seats and they weren't even close to the right bolt pattern for my car. you may have to but new seat brackets all together (my brackets didn't disconnect from my seat, they were rivitied in) and does you belt mount to your seat or your car. if its your seat, i know most seat brackets (you'll mostlikely have to get) come with a mount for a stock seat belt buckle in. and the 4 point takes about 2 rides then yes, its comfortable. only thing being with it on, its hard to look over your shoulder for backing out and changing lanes. and the brackets i bought didn't fit the seats so i just tack welded them in. worked like a charm and is strong enough to hold for a collision.

if there's anything i missed just ask.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i'm pretty sure i know the answer to this but i'm hoping for a pleasant surprise. $900 is the price per seat huh? for a decent sparco or bride seat?

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
i went with a set of BOMZ racing seats and i'm really happy. you can check them out in my post about them. and they are only 400 shipped. its up to you though. if you want the name and i'm sure they have a better quality but mine are great quality as well. but i'm sure they don't come cheap.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
those do look nice. but like i said, if your not into name brands, i think you can score on ebay. just check it out.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
I would stay away from cheap ebay seats. Here's why:

-The seat belt receiver (female end) is bolted to the seat (so modifications would be required to use the stock seat belt)
-If you use a 4 point harness, it will seem cool at first, but after a week you'll get annoyed (they aren't comfortable and it takes you longer to get clipped in whenever you get into your car)

You can buy seats from an Evo and they bolt right in, no modifications (i have them in my car).
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-MITSUB...ksid=p1638.m118
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2004-MITSUB...ksid=p1638.m118

1 - 7 of 7 Posts