Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2010 Outlander has 113000 miles on it. I changed my NGK iridium plugs or NGK iridium IX and now I'm getting a check engine light. It seems to run just as good as it did before I change the plugs I havent been to Autozone to have code checked yet, but I have checked plugs, coils, etc. and everything is snug. Any ideas? Will go tomorrow and have code checked.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Crank it up today and no code. Driving down the highway and seems to drive almost as good as it did before. I say almost because it seems like it lacks just a little bit of power but not enough to really notice. May just need a few miles for the plugs to get broke in. Just glad there is no code.

·
Registered
9 Posts
There’s no ‘break-in’ for new plugs or other ignition parts. They’re either good or they’re not. That said, I have had issues with iridium plugs in other cars. Unless the stock plugs are iridium, I don’t recommend them. Stick with stock plugs unless your engine is modified (boost, increased compression, or non-stock fuel system). Have you replaced coils too? They are susceptible to heat damage after that many years/miles. Listen for any sign of a misfire, get the code right away if it comes back. A failing coil will often get intermittent for a while as the insulation breaks down from age and heat before it fails completely.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts