Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey i just wrecked a dodge neon (totaled it going less than 10 miles an hour ,sad story) and so the insurance sompany let me take my old sound system out to put it in my new car .. sadly though ... upon further inspection, my 03 lancer does NOT have 6x9's in the back, wanting to know if I should still use them or if I would be better off selling the system and buying a new one....

ps.. The system I have is two alpine type R 6x9 and two alpine type s 6 1/2, the HU is a sony ( i hate it but it works with the system)

·
Registered
3 Posts
just keep the 6 1/2s and get rid of the 6x9s. i believe they are 6 1/2 all the way around, so just get 2 more of those and call it good, cause alpines are nice, and sound very good.

G

·
Originally posted by s7alter04@Feb 27 2008, 03:17 PM
Hey i just wrecked a dodge neon (totaled it going less than 10 miles an hour ,sad story) and so the insurance sompany let me take my old sound system out to put it in my new car .. sadly though ... upon further inspection, my 03 lancer does NOT have 6x9's in the back, wanting to know if I should still use them or if I would be better off selling the system and buying a new one....
ps.. The system I have is two alpine type R 6x9 and two alpine type s 6 1/2, the HU is a sony ( i hate it but it works with the system)
[snapback]145593[/snapback]​
you could always put those 6X9's in some sealed boxes and mount them in your back window on the top of your seat. 6X9's are actually meant to be in sealed boxes anyways not just sitting mounted under your back window sill like every company keeps doing. i've been doing stereo installs for almost 11 years now and people seem to like the sound the 6X9's give in a sealed box mounted on the top of the back seat. buy a cheap wattage equal amp to push the X amount wattage after market 6X9's and they sound amazing. maybe cost you about $70 including shipping on ebay.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts