Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi -

I have a 2011 Sportback with a broken right rear spring. Not sure how it happened, car is pretty much always driven on the highway. Maybe defective...

Anyway I have been trying to find replacement rear springs and have had no luck. Even calling the dealer, no one has anything in stock. He gave me the part number 4140A245, and said they have 3 in the entire USA and could get 2 of them for me by late next week.

I am curious if there is something special about these springs. I have looked at pretty much every local retail shop for springs of any sort, even lowering springs and no one has any. There must be a different model that I could use or a cross reference to another Lancer that has parts available.

Anyone have any ideas for me? I'm desperate.

·
Super Moderator
1,674 Posts
Honestly I'd be surprised if they are different between the sport back and the regular sedan. Although a lot of people simply buy quick struts (new strut with spring attached) and that is really what I'd suggest and replace both struts + springs in the rear.

·
Registered
29 Posts
If it's anything like my 08 Lancer, nobody sells quick struts only ones that come with springs are like OP said, lowering springs. You're gonna have to order and wait or go to a junk yard.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts