Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
the sportronic won't upshift any more. it still lets me downshift but when i want to manually upshift, it won't. what could be the problem? do you guys think this is covered in the 60,000 mile powertrain warranty?

·
Registered
39 Posts
The sporttronic has a brain in it, and if you shouldn't be shifting, it won't let you. I think you can always downshift, to get more power, but you cannot always upshift whenever you want, you need to be going fast enough to upshift.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know it won't upshift when its not supposed to. but mine stopped upshifting altogether. it will never upshift anymore regardless of rpm/speed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
update: the dealer says its the sportronic switch assembly that needs to be replaced and says its going to cost $201 + tax. Do you guys think this is something i can buy and have someone else done for cheap or do it myself?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Are you the original owner? It should be covered under the warranty. How old/how many miles?

Having said that, 201 to fix anything at a Mitsu dealer sounds relatively cheap....and probably best left to a dealer. You could end up voiding the whole rest of the warranty.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi since it is not a physical part running with oil of the transmission it is not covered. It seems very easy to fix since the switch is located right under the shifter which is easy to remove. the only thing that is expensive is the switch itself. do you guys know of a place the will sell specific mitsu parts cheaper than dealers?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts