Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Outlander AWD, i am having a little problem, when i start the car in the morning it makes a squeaking sound that stays on on for a while and disappears after running couple of miles, it sounds like coming from timing belt, i have no idea what to do, can anyone help :clap:

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is one of the belts for sure. You just have to tighten them. There are bolts around the pulleys that you can loosen to move them back and forth, make them so they're firm. I'm not sure how it works on your specific car, but I know on my 1990 mirage I didnt ever tighten them when they started squeeking and one of them broke while i was driving down the road. Its a pretty common procedure, shouldnt have difficulty finding someone who can help

·
Registered
620 Posts
Make sure you have enough power steering fluid. Sometimes that might be the problem. Try that before you start tightening bolts. If that doesn't fix the problem, time to call on Mitsu service.

·
Registered
916 Posts
On my Outlander it was the serpentine idler pulley bearing that had dried-up and started to scream in the morning, I had it changed when I had the timing belt changed. Noise is gone but will probably come back before the next timing belt change.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts