Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Please help my space star 51 plate always seems to squeak when i'm driving it. if i hit a bump it has a real loud squeaking noise it seems to be over the drivers side more then anything being a woman i don't much fancy taking my car to pieces so any advice would be grateful,
Cheers. :)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have exactly the same problem. A high pitched squeaking at speed, worse on left hand corners and bumps, and when turning the wheel to the left at low speeds, there is a creaking noise. I first suspected that the plastic trim inside the wheel arch was rubbing. It seems worse after a period of wet weather, but I am starting to think it may need looking at. I might drop the car into a local garage to get looked at just in case. If you find out the cause in the meantime let me know

:)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Originally posted by jimbob44@Aug 21 2007, 08:20 AM
I have exactly the same problem. A high pitched squeaking at speed, worse on left hand corners and bumps, and when turning the wheel to the left at low speeds, there is a creaking noise. I first suspected that the plastic trim inside the wheel arch was rubbing. It seems worse after a period of wet weather, but I am starting to think it may need looking at. I might drop the car into a local garage to get looked at just in case. If you find out the cause in the meantime let me know

:)
[snapback]109144[/snapback]​
Is it like a clicking noise?sounds like a wheel bearing.Take your car to a big empty car park...and drive around in a big circle(turning left)...then stop and turn the other way,if as i suspect the clicking and banging only happens when your turning left....youll need a new wheel bearing for your passenger side.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi,
Still not go the problem fixed it happens just as you say had a service done on it last week and need new brakes after only 10 months wear at back and rear right is binding. i'm not excessive using my brakes at all so very concerned with these developments.
also need 3 new tyres 1 only just over a year old and had two slow punctures already.
plus middle bit of exhaust brackets have snapped so need new bit on there but they failed to pick up where the noise was coming from etc. very frustrating.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Had the brakes sorted out the rear drivers side was worn down to the metal!
replaced the calipers as well. and so far so good just hope it is not gonna have to be done again in 10 months time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts