Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone noticed the sound quality when you use the rca things? Everytime i plug in my ipod, theres static. I was just wondering if anyone else had this, and if there was a fix for it. Oh and i have an es with sun and sound if that matters.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just went on a road trip the other day using my ipod through the RCAs. Sounded fine to me.
Perhaps try turning the volume up all the way on the ipod in case the noise is coming from the car's amp. or try turning the ipod down and the car volume up in case it's the ipod's.
Also perhaps try a different cable. maybe the Shielding is cruddy on the one you are using.
Hope this helps. All i can think of.

·
Registered
75 Posts
I don't have any static when the iPod is plugged in but if the Navi is set to aux and the iPod is unplugged it sounds awful. I think Lancer_GTS_08 had the best suggestion though.

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Only static I get is when I have the radio on AUX and nothing plugged into my 3.5" jack. Once I hook up my Creative Zen, the static goes away regardless if it's on or not.

·
Registered
420 Posts
i think this is typical because its like your radio saying there is nothing on the other end so its trying to pick up nothing causing a noise that doesn;t do harm just dont have your radio turned up when unplugging your ipod/mp3 player.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i have the sun and sound too, and i had that problem briefly when my iPod was turned way down and the car's sound system was turned way up. i changed it around and turned the iPod all the way up and keep the car's system around 10-15 on the volume and it sounds perfectly fine now.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for all the suggestions, ill try it the next time i have my ipod with me
i usually blast my music tho, so maybe stickin to cd's would b good...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had the same problem as you. Turn the volume up on your ipod (maximum) then control the volume on your radio and it will significantly reduce the static.
Anyway CDs sounds better than the AUX

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Originally posted by imwazn@May 10 2008, 06:21 AM
Has anyone noticed the sound quality when you use the rca things? Everytime i plug in my ipod, theres static. I was just wondering if anyone else had this, and if there was a fix for it. Oh and i have an es with sun and sound if that matters.
[snapback]163361[/snapback]​
It's not the car, it's the iPod. I get that with the gen1 iPod.
It also could be bad cables... I just had a rant about that in a different topic.
Fix to that? Get a new iPod:p I don't get that with gen4.

It is not, or shouldn't be the car itself. Try different devices and see how that works out.
I had noise with a Sirius unit, got rid of it, got an XM unit and i don't get that no more.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Originally posted by freakingwilly@Oct 13 2008, 11:28 PM
Also, if you are charging the iPod while listening to it, that will also cause some interference.  Same thing happens to my Zen.
[snapback]215109[/snapback]​
yea i had a cradle that charged my ipod touch while it was playing, it worked great except there was a slight hissing noise. I plugged the ipod in without the cradle and there was no hissing. So i returned the cradle.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Originally posted by keez@Oct 8 2008, 03:46 PM
I had the same problem as you. Turn the volume up on your ipod (maximum) then control the volume on your radio and it will significantly reduce the static.
Anyway CDs sounds better than the AUX
[snapback]213509[/snapback]​

when using cds the volume is way too low, when using your aux you can play your music louder.

·
Registered
141 Posts
i find its the stereo in the car if you have your ipod on super low volume and the car speakers at 40ish i get alot of static. just turn the ipod all the way up and keep the car around 15-20ish.. also i find that some d/l music has bad static as well where mp3's are terrible quality compared to vinyl and even cds for that matter.

also.. found this out the other day... had the aux on 45 with my ipod on pause and my car produces a whistling noise based on the rpm's hahah

i'm going to assume this is the alternator ?

·
Registered
115 Posts
only time I get a noise is when the charger is plugged in with the RCA cable. if I cross the two lines, it usually lessens the noise, but not all the way.

If the charger is unplugged I dont hear any noise.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts