Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there!

I live in Cairo, Egypt, and I'm buying a new 2007 Mitsubishi Colt next week (yes, the local Mitsubishi agent still has an inventory from 2007 for that model) but unfortunately all Colts sold here come with no radio/CD and the local agent doesn't provide it as an option either (they only have those for Lancers :( ). So my question now is, can I buy one online and have it shipped to Egypt? Does anybody know of an online shop that carries those radios? I want the stock radio in order not to mess with the original dashboard appearance :(

Cheers,

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for the tip and the kind offer :) but I was thinking more along the lines of a brand new unit from an authorised dealer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello there CZC!

I'd emailed the Mitsubishi agent you told me about (Oakley Mitsubishi) almost a month ago (email was sent c/o Karen) but I got no reply so far. Do you think I should ring them instead?

Cheers,
Ahmed

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi
i spoke to karen tody and they did get your email but couldnt contact you back for some reason, you cold call them as i know that they need a chassis/vin number

let me know if i can be of any help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks a lot for your help. I'll have the VIN tomorrow when I pick the car up from the dealer's. Will call Karen either tomorrow or Monday.

Again, thank you so much for your help :) Will keep you posted.

Cheers,
Ahmed

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi
popped into oakley today and saw karen, she mentioned that you managed to get sorted out, glad it all worked out for you, i think you should have the cd by now?

cheers :57:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi there CZC!

Oh yes! The people at Oakley Mitsubishi are wonderful, Karen and- more importantly- a guy called Peter were so helpful. I received it in a matter of a few days and had it installed at the local Mitsubishi service centre here in Cairo.

I'm sorry I should've let you know earlier that everything went alright but I was cought up in tons of work (and an impending change of employers).

Thank you so much for your kind help :) The radio, which enables me now to control the trip computer, just made a wonderful car even better!

Cheers,
Ahmed

PS. I've attached a pic of my Colt :)

Attachments

·
Registered
59 Posts
hi
glad that you got sorted out and alls well, the cd sounds like its made a good car even better :banana: :banana:

keep karens details handy as they are very good and will help if possible.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts