Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings

I have an AX5000 Eclipse amp enroute and am hoping to get suggestions for a good match on a sub.

I am looking for tight base similar to 104.2 KEF speakers if anyone is aware of what I am talking about. (I found in my stereo days that the English speakers had a very tight sound to the bottom end)

The amp is rated at 300W @ 4ohm or 450W @ 2ohm. this is for the sub channel and 4 x 50w @4ohm for front and rears. (5 channel)

I will be running a 4.1 system with 4 x 6.5 coaxile MB Quarts - EKA116.

The sourse will be a Sony SACD deck MEX DV2000 for multichannel sound.

I am trying to keep the cost reasonable as well.

This is for my 04 Ralliart.

Rgds and tks
EJM

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have just installed a JBL 12" sub into my lancer that is running at 300watts. I would recommend this sub to anyone. The sub itself is mounted so it points to the side of the box instead of out of it. I found this has really helped increase keeping sound in the car and not losing it, but it also creates minimal car rattle. It certainly pounds though..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Originally posted by JBIZZLE@Nov 16 2007, 03:02 PM
I have just installed a JBL 12" sub into my lancer that is running at 300watts.  I would recommend this sub to anyone.  The sub itself is mounted so it points to the side of the box instead of out of it.  I found this has really helped increase keeping sound in the car and not losing it, but it also creates minimal car rattle.  It certainly pounds though..
[snapback]121796[/snapback]​
Hi,
I'm interetsed in a sub that would keep the sound inside, give more boom and make less rattling to the car. COuld u pls post some pics and the link to the sub on the net or the model and specifics ?

thanx a lot.

·
Registered
168 Posts
I have 12'' sony xplode. I like it, no complaints. Although, if you want the best "boom" for your your particular car, go to a local best buy, go to their audio section and tell them that you're looking for a sub to put in yur car, Im assuming you want it in your trunk? Well they will go through and tell you what size to get, where to put it, how the sub should be (any holes or not), in order to get either more pound out of it or more low bass out of it. They know their stuff.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts