Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an Endeavor LS and I want to know if it is a problem with my sunroof when it is completely closed and the hatch is not level with the roof on back side of hatch??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
MREP VB:

When the roof is closed; it seems to be about 1/8" to 1/4" too low on back edge of sunroof. I don't think that it is leaking; at least not into the passenger compartment. When the truck reaches a speed of about 75 to 80 MPH, there is a whistling noise. I have not been able to pinpoint the origin of the noise. I wonder if it could be coming from this sunroof?

Thanks alot

Sbone

·
Registered
79 Posts
That could be the cause of your whistle. I believe there are some sort of adjusters in there to raise it back up to level with your roof. These should allow you to still seal the roof.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello Again Peeps:

I am sending out thanks to Mrep_VB :liebe011: for replying to my problem. I have taken the vehicle to the dealer and there certainly was a problem. The sunroof had some screws or bolts that worked loose and was fully closing the roof. Once the screws or bolts were installed and adjusted; I have not seen any more problems with the sunroof. I absolutely did not whistle when approaching the speed of 75 or 80 miles per hour.

Sbone47 :beer:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
REPOST: Sorry for the typos in the other post. :nahrung034: I must have been drunk or dizzy!!

I am sending out thanks to Mrep_VB for replying to my problem. I have taken the vehicle to the dealer and there certainly was a problem. The sunroof had some screws or bolts that worked loose and was not fully closing the roof. Once the screws or bolts were installed and adjusted; I have not seen any more problems with the sunroof. It absolutely did not whistle when approaching the speed of 75 or 80 miles per hour.

Sbone47

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is an easy fix it yourself problem. I had the same problem myself. There are three bolts on each side of the sunroof when you slide the cover back. Use a #25 torx bit to loosen all three and push the sunroof up as high as you can on each side, then tighten the screws back down starting with the one closest to the rear of the vehicle. If you push it up high enough it should be pretty much flush with the top of the car when you are done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts