Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey there, I am looking for some help making a decision. I have a blown head gasket issue in my L300 with 300k km. Me and my friend are fixing it on our yard, we removed the the head to get machined and took the head gasket out that was in really bad condition. The machine guys said the head is too damaged and it had been fixed previously so is not worth it to fix. The valves and other parts of the head seamed fine (one valve was a bit stuck). The cylinder block had a bit of coolant on top and one of the cylinders is looking a bit burnt and damaged to be honest. My friend reckons I should just get a new cylinder head set (new would cost around 1200$ second hand 650$). Though, I am afraid that it won't be enough to solve the problem. I am considering swapping the engine block (found a second hand one with 106k km w/ warranty for 1100$) since is an old car 99' carburettor, mechanical fuel pump and doesn't have much technology on it. Considering the work is being done in a yard, we have limited time, tool and budget, what would be the best option? Change the head or the entire engine?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts