Mitsubishi Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone im new to the forum and just have a question or 2.

I have a 2003 Lancer OZ Rally automatic..ya i know auto..hahaha,

Well my question is how difficult it would be to swap out the auto tranny and put in a manual 5 speed tranny from another lancer of the same type. I know i would need the tranny, wiring harness, ecu, and the other parts. If this was done would it affect any of the sensors.

I know most people would just say save up and buy a used evo but i just wanted to know if it can be done and how easy. I appriciate any help or advice you guys can give me. Thank you

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the 03 OZ automatic and I don't see the shame in drivin an auto. Plus they even have a few items (piggy back ecu, turbo) on the road race motorsports page designed specifically for the automatic. I think you already answered your question though, its more trouble than it is worth. I had a friend who considered trying to do the change, but its just too much work.

Jon

·
Registered
71 Posts
You can make your automatic fast but you will not be as fast as a manual because there is alot more you can do with a 5 speed like double clutch and your gears are shorter. But that would be alot of work but worth it in the end. you would have to get the trany and shifter and a manual center console and a manual master cylinder for your clutch fluid, clutch lines.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts