Mitsubishi Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2004 Mitsubishi Galant ES. Recently I was informed by a friend that my drivers side brake light was out even though BOTH tail lights still function properly. I went to Autozone and purchased the correct bulb and installed it when I got home.

I noticed that even after installing the new bulb, the brake light still does not work. Both tail lights still work fine. What could be the problem? Why would only the brake light not work but the tail lights work fine? I ruled out a fuse because if the fuse was out then both brake lights would be out right?

I am very confused, any help would be great. :thumbsup:

BM

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, I took my car to the dealership to see what the problem was and after an inspection, I was told that I need a new tail light harness. Somehow the bulb burned the contact and the entire harness needs to be replaced.

The part was $39 and had to be ordered from there warehouse. The maintenance will be $55.. It sucks that what I thought to be a $4 bulb replacement turned into a $90+ repair.

At least now I know :thumbsup:

I look forward to getting more involved here as I have plans for my new car! :beer:

BM

1 - 2 of 2 Posts